Exercising on Pacific Pearl

Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem that some of you who have been on the Pearl before may be able to answer.

I know it is a bit unusual and probably says a bit about my planning, but I am in the midst of an excercise routine for a long community run I am doing three days after I get home from a ten day cruise on the Pearl.

I know the ship has a Gym and you can pay for exercise classes and such, but the ship also has a running track which would be ideal for me to continue my training. Could anyone shed light on where the running track is and how long it is?

I am keen to keep training all through the cruise but aren't sure I want to a 10 k run on a track that is 30 metres long (I'll get dizzy).

cheers

Hi Joffaboy, first of all, good on you for doing the 10km community run...I doubt I'd be able to do it. With the gym on the Pearl, you don't actually have to pay to use it. You do have to pay for classes I believe, but if you just wanted to use the treadmills (for example), you could do so at your own leisure.

The running track is the open deck on deck 14. It's not huge, but then again, it's not tiny by any means. We quite often saw people doing many laps of the track when we were onboard. If you check out the deck plan here http://www.eseacruising.com.au/pacificpearl.pdf you can see deck 14 on the left and most people ran around the two large white areas in the middle of that deck. The white rectangle at the very bottom of that picture (on deck 14) is where the funnel sits. You can't actually run down the full length of that deck and around the back of the funnel because the entrance to the kids club is in the way.

I hope that makes sense and helps somewhat... :)

Thanks so much for the information finetuneit. I have all intentions of using the gym but couldn't find a deck plan that had the running track. Thanks again.

Seems I wont get too dizzy after all :)

Archived