New Year's Cruise

Ms. Alpha

We have just booked the Zaandam Mexican Riviera for Dec 29th 2012. We have never done a cruise during the holiday season. Will the Christmas decorations still be out?
I assume New Year's Eve will be a formal night since it is a Sea Day! Should make it extra special.

Any other info on speicial activities for the holidays?

We did the Oosterdam this past New Years on the same itinerary. The Christmas decorations were still up and they had a special menu for New Years Eve. At dinner, they passed out party hats and noise makers. They then had various parties in several lounges and the theater with champagne. It was a nice way to celebrate.

My MIL is booked on the same cruise. She is going with friends and paying the single supplement. We can't understand why retired people would want to do this. The next MR cruises in Jan would save her about $1000.

Who wants a crowded ship with a bunch of kids? Is the New Years Eve party really that good? Not looking for, a fight! DW's boss and his family are looking at this cruise also....but they have kids and have no choice.

Why pay such a premium price when you don't need to :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
As a teacher, I'm limited to cruising during school breaks. I know there will probably be more families than usual for HAL with it being a 7 day trip during the holidays We are celebrating a milestone with good friends so this is the trip we chose.

Archived