Rental Car or DCL Transfers from Pop Century

TwoSeasCruisin

I cant say which is best, how ever we always use the Cruise buses from the resorts.

Its vacation , why have to worry about traffic, directions, tolls on the way, finding the proper place to return the car in Cocoa Beach, take their shuttle to the port then do it all in reverse upon returning, or paying to park it at the port while gone.

The bus has cartoons to watch and a cute video to get everyone excited for the cruise. Its easy to do and fun to ride on. We have taken the bus several times now and love it everytime.

Also we have driven to the port a few times.

For us its vacation time which for us includes not having to stress about driving and to get there on time.

Good luck deciding what will work best for you.

It also depends on the size of your party. DCL transport is, I believe, $35 per person each way - $70 round-trip. If there's two of you, you'll be forking out $140. For three $210.

Check out car rental prices and do the math.

Do you know what time we would be picked up from Pop Century and if they get you to the port in time for lunch? This is our first cruise with Disney.

Thank you for the help:)

Fred

The busses typically load at the resorts about Noon and arrive at the port no later than 1:30, so you are onbaord no later than 2. Lunch will still be available at that time.

When we took the DCL bus from BWv last year, we had lunch prior to leaving because we had early dining and did not want to have lunch at 2 and dinner at 6. We would have also be crankier during the boarding process if we hadn't eaten. -- Suzanne

• 3 weeks later...

I always book the DCL transfers for the video they play before and after the cruise it makes us even more excited. This will be the 6th cruise for some members of the family and they are never tired of it. If you are looking to save a buck then I do not recommend the transfers they are expensive. I think for your first cruise you should do the complete Disney experience especially if you have children going but hey I am a Disney nut! I wish you luck with your first cruise you will never want to leave Disney!

Is there a way to get an earlier resort pickup than Noon if we use DCL tracnfers? Or do they always pick up then? I'd love to get on the ship as early as possible, so may rent a car or look into other transportation if necessary.

Is there a way to get an earlier resort pickup than Noon if we use DCL tracnfers? Or do they always pick up then? I'd love to get on the ship as early as possible, so may rent a car or look into other transportation if necessary.

From the resorts there is only one departure to the port. From MCO, they have multiple departures begining at 9:30 am.

Generally, the pickups at the resorts are between 11:30-1:30. It varies depending on how many people are going from each resort.

:)

You may not get to the ship when you want, but it was SO worth having the cruise line pick us up from the resort. They pick up your luggage the night before so all you have to worry about it your carry on. Just make sure you have anything you might need until your luggage shows up by 6 or 8 (I don't remember which)...I do know we had our luggage before our dinner seating at 8:30..

You may not get to the ship when you want, but it was SO worth having the cruise line pick us up from the resort. They pick up your luggage the night before so all you have to worry about it your carry on. Just make sure you have anything you might need until your luggage shows up by 6 or 8 (I don't remember which)...I do know we had our luggage before our dinner seating at 8:30..

Actually, the luggage is picked up (from inside your room) by 8 am the morning that you are going to the ship. And (generally) shows up outside your stateroom onboard by 5 pm.

:)

Archived