July 4th in Old San Juan

VickiD59

We sailed out of San Juan many years ago on the Fourth of July. The ship did not leave until close to midnight. We watched the most spectacular fireworks display from the point that the fort is on right there in San Juan. I still remember the wonderful colors. We sailed into San Juan one time on the Fourth of July and they had just had a Parade. There were soldiers on the pier in camoflage and hold rifles. It was a bit scary at first until we were informed that they had just finish the parade. You won't be disappointed with the celebration in Puerto Rico. They do believe they are our 51st state!!!!!

They do believe they are our 51st state!!!!!

We don't. Well, at least half of us don't :D. What we are is a territory of the US and as such we celebrate the 4th with the usual fireworks, parade, cookouts, etc. :) July 4th is a major beach day here and many people take off the days before or after (depending on when it falls during the week) to make it a long holiday.

We sailed out of San Juan many years ago on the Fourth of July. The ship did not leave until close to midnight. We watched the most spectacular fireworks display from the point that the fort is on right there in San Juan. I still remember the wonderful colors. We sailed into San Juan one time on the Fourth of July and they had just had a Parade. There were soldiers on the pier in camoflage and hold rifles. It was a bit scary at first until we were informed that they had just finish the parade. You won't be disappointed with the celebration in Puerto Rico. They do believe they are our 51st state!!!!!

EXCELLENT!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Wouldn't feel like a holiday without at least a few fireworks :D

. . .They do believe they are our 51st state!!!!!

I assume that you are Puerto Rican to make such a statement, or else you just don't realize that it is similar to someone saying that New York thinks it is part of Canada.

No, not Puerto Rican, just from upstate NY. Never heard anyone say the NY is part of Canada either. We are all individuals. Just wanted the poster to realize that the celebration in Puerto Rico will be just a festive as in the US, maybe even more. I know it is a US territory and they do celebrate the Fourth of July in style. The fireworks were absolutely beautiful shooting off over the the fort. Let's keep it cool for the Birthday of our Nation.

Archived