Im really hoping someone can help

gladimhere

We are cruising to Belize in Jan we choose this itinerary to see the Mayan Ruins.Reading shore excursion descriptions it seemed like you rode a bus there and walked at you leisure around ruin plus my mom work for someone who owns property there and she said you pretty much drove right up to them.I have been reading this board and people have said to get to xanuntunich you have to climb a very steep hill.My mother has mobility issues and now Im concerned.Im booking shore excursion thru carnival is someone has been on these excursions could you please describe walking involved with Rivver Altun and Xanuntunich is it really hard I know she cant climb them.Thank you soooooo much !!!!

We are cruising to Belize in Jan we choose this itinerary to see the Mayan Ruins.Reading shore excursion descriptions it seemed like you rode a bus there and walked at you leisure around ruin plus my mom work for someone who owns property there and she said you pretty much drove right up to them.I have been reading this board and people have said to get to xanuntunich you have to climb a very steep hill.My mother has mobility issues and now Im concerned.Im booking shore excursion thru carnival is someone has been on these excursions could you please describe walking involved with Rivver Altun and Xanuntunich is it really hard I know she cant climb them.Thank you soooooo much !!!!

If you are looking for flat ground, then from the three archeological sites that are visited by cruise lines, I think that Altun Ha is the flattest.

In Xunantunich the last mile (from the ferry) is fairly steep uphill, but they use a bus to transport people to the site.

If you are looking for flat ground, then from the three archeological sites that are visited by cruise lines, I think that Altun Ha is the flattest.

In Xunantunich the last mile (from the ferry) is fairly steep uphill, but they use a bus to transport people to the site.

Thank you so much i was under impression you had to walk up hill.I love to read about Mayan culture and really never expected to see a ruin.Do you know if Tulum is hard to get to not climb but just to walk to.I really appreciate you taking time to respond while I want to see this if need be there are plenty of other activities

Tulum is a very long day with a long ferry ride if you're going from Cozumel. T you mostly walk on pathways that are reasoanbly level some steps along the pathways. It's above the beach and that's a climb on the stairs.

In Belize, Altun Ha is the nearest to the tender pier. But here you do have a 1/2 mile or so walk from the parking lot to the ruins. You can climb on the ruins in Belize (both Altun Ha and Xunantunich). At Xunantunich, you take a small hand cranked ferry across a narrow river and then a park van picks you up to the visitors center. I believe the van will take you up to the main site as well, you can't really see anything from the parking lot. But you need to check that with the tour operator. Once up to the ruins it's fairly expansive and everything is visible. That would be my choice for someone with mobility issues.

Tulum is a very long day with a long ferry ride if you're going from Cozumel. T you mostly walk on pathways that are reasoanbly level some steps along the pathways. It's above the beach and that's a climb on the stairs.

In Belize, Altun Ha is the nearest to the tender pier. But here you do have a 1/2 mile or so walk from the parking lot to the ruins. You can climb on the ruins in Belize (both Altun Ha and Xunantunich). At Xunantunich, you take a small hand cranked ferry across a narrow river and then a park van picks you up to the visitors center. I believe the van will take you up to the main site as well, you can't really see anything from the parking lot. But you need to check that with the tour operator. Once up to the ruins it's fairly expansive and everything is visible. That would be my choice for someone with mobility issues.

Thank you so much exactly info i needed!

Glad to hear its a bus

Archived