2013 voyages - nothing new?

mollymoo12

Cunard passengers tend to be wider travelled folks than people cruising most other lines. I too felt there is not that much new for 2013 but still there´s plenty enough new for me to go to. Midsummer Norway ist certainly one of the next on my list. I also got low price offers for next month, but I have been more than two weeks on QM2 this year already and cant afford more than one cruise a year.

Talk about new itineraries:

A more southerly TA with a stop inbetween would indeed be nice. I was looking in the last leg of QM2s world cruise next year and though why no stop between Namibia and Gran Canaria? Infrastructure in West Africa may be bad, and there may be safety concerns. But wouldnt it be nice to visit at least one place inbetween? I would skip Vigo for it.

Also India, why just one stop in Cochin with QM2 next year (which according to passengers on the last world cruise, was the most problematic stop of the whole world cruise)?

I´d also like to do French Polynesia and South America again. Why not dump Hawaii and do Moorea and Bora-Bora instead?

I am not sure how many questions there are on the Cunard survey but would anyone like to post the questions on it? We could then answer all or some of the questions, in the hope that Cunard will read them (and take note of them).

Was that a flying pig that just went past? :rolleyes:

It may be the case that the surverys are only being sent to UK based passengers but I doubt we are all in the same category of cabin.

Not everyone books the same category every time anyway !

Evidently I should have been more specific. I did not mean that all teose who received surveys were in same cat of cabin.

If you only have surveys from the UK, then the only opinion/views will be that of UK pasengers.

Naturally this will involve cruises out of S'oton, to Europe, Norway/Denmark. Balti and the Med

Pricing rules are different between UK and USA

If the survey covers only USA passengers, the replies will be slanted for cruises out of USA, TA (B2B), New England, Caribbean,Panama Canal.

Survey Australia/New Zealand well you get the picture.

Cunard have to send surveys to other passengers in other contries not just UK.

My own views are that Cunard need to be more truthful in their advertising, if something is NOT available do not advertise it, they need to honor any reduction in fares, be more responsive to complaints (both on their ships and ashore - mostly these are simply ignored)

Realise that QM is not a cruise ship, let her do that for which she was designed namely the Atlantic, she could go NY/Bermuda/Caribbean, or NY/Iceland/Greenland /Newfoundland/NY

On the West coast, QE or QV could go LA/Pacific Islands/LA. QV and QE are cruise ships there are NEW cruises they could do in the Wesern Hemisphere.

Of course no one will listen to passengers, the "whiz kids " are too convinced that computers can run everything, if it is not covered by a computer program, ignore it.

After all as we have seen with Costa, put the ship on "auto pilot" and forget common sense.

Realise that QM is not a cruise ship, let her do that for which she was designed namely the Atlantic, she could go NY/Bermuda/Caribbean, or NY/Iceland/Greenland /Newfoundland/NY

NY/Iceland/Greenland/Newfoundland/NY would be an wonderful itinerary. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

I am not sure how many questions there are on the Cunard survey but would anyone like to post the questions on it? We could then answer all or some of the questions, in the hope that Cunard will read them (and take note of them).

Was that a flying pig that just went past? :rolleyes:

Hi MollyMoo12

I tried to retrieve the survey from my deleted items but when I tried to access the questions, I was unable to do so as the survey recognised I had already completed it.

It was pretty lengthy (the surveys tend to be) and had some interesting questions in which I was asked to rate different itineraries. There were a number of questions which indicated that Cunard is considering more overnight port stays (eg Amsterdam, Madeira, Stockholm, Barcelona) though this might mean fewer ports of call.

The survey also asked for my views on sea days; for instance the number and frequency of them.

There were also questions designed to ascertain views on fly cruises (not something I'm personally interested in).

Finally, there was a section which tested opinions on the prices of different itineraries, including whether a small price reduction might make a fly cruise more attractive than a Southamption roundtrip (I think that was the question - I did the survey pretty quickly and can't remember it in any depth now).

I hope that fills in a bit of the detail for you.

Archived