San Juan with a toddler

NINAVMD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I was born and raised in San Juan where I still live...im 38 now and a mom and one of the things I remember the most from when I was a baby/kid was going to el Morro and flying kites. Can't wait for my baby to be old enough to do it (she is 9 months now). Also el Morro itself its a great place for kids to visit. It almost looks like its a movie set and in fact it has being featured in a number of movies.

In addition right by the "El Convento" Hotel across from the SJ Cathedral there is a children's museum. I think its still open but I checked on their website just now and nothing comes up.

The beach is another great place for kids. I used to love making sand castles and the beach is a short 8-10 minute cab ride from the SJ cruise ports (Ocean Park beach is the nicer one). Ah and one thing my dd loves is to see the water fountain at the convention center. Depending on where your ship docks this could be just walking distance. Its quite impressive to watch and they even have music which the fountain "dances to".

Hope this helps!

We've visited PR several times with our DD, now 7 years old. She's always enjoyed flying kites and blowing bubbles on the lawn at El Morro.

Welcome to the Island!!! No zoo near the port... sorry its a 3 hour drive from SJ in Mayaguez and quite frankly It's not worth it at all.

Hope you enjoy SJ

hi all,

what is there to do in San Juan port with a 2 year old toddler?? Any zoo's?

Thanks!

I was in San Juan with my son when he was a toddler and we did two things that work well for us... we visited the Fort (El Morro) and there is a community fountain that all the local kids were playing it that shot water out of little holes like geysers. This is one of my favorite "stop and smell the roses" moments. He wasn't in a swimsuit but I let him play in there in his shorts and he had an absolute ball! We did have wet taxi ride back to the ship... so my advice is make sure that your child wears his or her swimsuit that day.

I personally love San Juan because it feels like you are in Spain. Its a great cruise port. We also did the tour of the Governor's mansion. My son was 4.5 and did have an attention span and was well-behaved. Not sure it would be a good tour for kids under 3.

Archived