Good will from Costa

I am genuinely pleased for you but it was the total lack of goodwill from them which is the reason we or our family will never sail with them again, even our host was disgusted as was our travel agent.

Had to say after all the negative things i have read about Costa i'm pleased to say that Costa have given us a free upgrade from an outside to a balcony cabin on the Neo Romantica. Thank you Costa!!

usually the reason people get upgraded is when lower-priced cabins are selling faster than higher priced cabins, thereby filling the ship. you probably got moved up and they were able to resell you lower priced cabin.

still a very nice upgrade no matter what the cause. it is rare to jump a whole category. congrats!

I did ask for an upgrade when i had seen a balcony cabin was for sale, i had booked a balcony when we booked on Magica but they said that we had to have an outside cabin when it changed to Neo Romantica. Today i got the cabin no. 1232 a Samsra balcony!! We sail tomorrow.

let me relate my experience with a samsara upsell (which is different from an upgrade, but may still apply).

costa was trying to make me a deal on the samsara balcony with a special price only a bit higher than a regular. i had read here that costa does not always include the samsara benefits (spa treatments, special dining, etc) when they do this. i specifically asked if the upsell included all the perqs. the agent told me 'no' - it was just the cabin upgrade and none of the other things.

long story short, ask if all the benes are included before you get all worked up. still, you got a nice upgrade. hope they do the right thing for you.

You dont get a kettle you get a coffe machine but you have to pay for the coffee!! We had a Samsara too on the 14 level. The water pressure was terrible and actually stopped. The cabin is noisy you will hear your neighbors toilets and conversations and v.v. The cabins have a wobble at night that can upset some people. Other than that cabin is bigger you get king bed (quite good),you dont get any Samsara benefits. Also you have to use the front lifts to get to your room not really much of an issue after you get used to it. Balcony nice and big.

Archived