Balcony for children

Weez

Will be cruising with teenagers and wondering if it would be safe to put them in a cabin with a balcony? They will be in the room by themselves with my wife and I on one side of them or would it be a wiser choice to put them in a cabin with a window?

It would depend on your teenagers and their ages. If they are safe and mature - you would be OK. If they tend to show off and try stunts like some teens do, then I would worry that there could be an accident. On some ships, the privacy divider between balconies does not open.

Of course, I tend to be a bit of a worrier - so personally, I would err on the side of caution.

It would depend on your teenagers and their ages. If they are safe and mature - you would be OK. If they tend to show off and try stunts like some teens do, then I would worry that there could be an accident. On some ships, the privacy divider between balconies does not open.

Of course, I tend to be a bit of a worrier - so personally, I would err on the side of caution.

Yea i think ill stick them in a cabin with a window. My son is mature, so is his cousin and friend but not so sure how responsible they will be when you put the 3 of them together. :)

Ok, maybe it is just me and having raised two girls we would never be concerned about them and a balcony. Yes teenage boys can do stupid things, I know I was one. If you want to try and save some dough of course a window would be better however you may not find an open balcony cabin with a window next to it. If that was then the case you may want to think about a balcony with an inside for them directly across from you. Just my opinion but I would think that would be your best bet. One balcony cabin with an inside directly across the hall. You would sure save some $$, not need to worry about the kids and you all could enjoy the balcony. Now, having said all that, the kids are going to be on a very large cruise ship with a very large number of people. You are not going to be around them to chaparon all the time. IF you do have any doubts they can not, for whatever reason, be trusted to behave if they were given a balcony cabin they are going to need a real good talking to explain how they will be expected to behave on the ship.

I didn't mean to get preachy and hope you don't think I was. Have a great time on your cruise.

Well just recently on the regular board I read a post from a cruiser just back on the Victory, her last night some kids threw lounge chairs overboard and were fined $20,000 the next day ,, so if you think your kids may do this I would highly advise against a balcony cabin LOL Unless you have unlimited funds thats is....

If you want a balcony and have concerns about the boys in a balcony, your best bet would be to put the boys in an inside cabin across the hall. Otherwise, if you book a balcony for yourselves and an outside window for the boys, you most likely will end up on different decks.

Well just recently on the regular board I read a post from a cruiser just back on the Victory, her last night some kids threw lounge chairs overboard and were fined $20,000 the next day ,, so if you think your kids may do this I would highly advise against a balcony cabin LOL Unless you have unlimited funds thats is....

Im not the least bit worried about them throwing stuff overboard im more worried about climing up on the rails to get a better look.

Im not the least bit worried about them throwing stuff overboard im more worried about climing up on the rails to get a better look.

I would get a balcony for myself and an inside cabin directly across from me. Kids dont care about the balcony anyways. Especially first timers.

Oceanview cabins are on a different deck entirtely from cabins that have balconies.

Put those boys in an inside cabin and save your cash and sanity. I had four children who are all grown now but I remember the teenage years and the stuff they got into when they were with their friends. It's a wonder I didn't kill them myself. I don't think teens (especially boys) will appreciate the peacefulness and the relaxation that the balcony provides. Save that bliss for yourself and indulge in the beauty without worrying about hearing a "CODE OSCAR" over the intercom system! NANA

I cringe at the thought of teens in a balcony cabin. If a grown man will clown around on a balcony, what will kids do? Scary thought. Remember the guy who was clowning around on his balcony and fell off - gone-gone-gone! This was a coupla years ago. Get them an inside cabin across the hall from you. Better safe than sorry.:o

Archived