Hooked Line & sinker

Bigmaan

First time cruiser, we are an Australian family who just recently completed the 7 day mexican cruise on board the Carnival Splendor. That was the last week of a 8 week trip through Canada/Usa.

From the start I was not convinced I would be a ' cruise lover '. However, I am completely changed. I had the best time, the most relaxing time and I am now hooked. Already looking at doing another cruise sooner rather than later. We had issues before the cruise with 9 large bags but with the great advice I received from this site was able to stow all bags easily within the cabin.

I can now understand why people do multiple cruises now. It is the best. It is a shame that Australia is so exspensive to travel from otherwise it would be an annual thing.

Loved it... can wait for next one. Thank you cruise Critic and its generous members for the advice & guiidance I received.

Take Care

I can now understand why people do multiple cruises now. It is the best. It is a shame that Australia is so exspensive to travel from otherwise it would be an annual thing.

Take Care

Welcome to the club! Carnival has quite a few cruises leaving from Australia... check out the Carnival Australia website. I'd LOVE to do those cruises but the airfare is prohibitive.

It is addictive.

Carnival Spirit is moving to Sydney this fall and that will be her home port after that. Spirit was my favorite Carnival ship before, and now that she is being "Aussie-fied", with new outdoor grill options, upgraded water slides, and other changes to make her more appealing down under she should be right up your alley.

Check out her itineraries on the Carnival Australia site: http://www.carnival.com.au/

And more info on the Press Release: http://carnival-news.com/2011/01/12/world%E2%80%99s-largest-cruise-line-to-base-ship-in-sydney-carnival-spirit-the-largest-cruise-ship-to-call-australia-home/

We also recently did the Splendor (29th April) and had a great time.

I agree with you about travelling in Australia being so expensive. Even the carnival Spirit out of Australia is twice the price that we paid out of Long Beach, and the itinerarys are so boring (the same that P&O have been offering for 20+ years)

So did you fit them all under the bed? lol. I just gotta know, lol. I'm so nosie.:D

LOL I was wondering the same thing. I remember how worried you were about your luggage situation. Did you get it resolved? :p

I'm glad you got your luggage stored OK. I was on that ship with you and every time I heard an Aussie speaking I would try to worm my way into the conversation and figure out if it was you...it never was, lol. There were LOTS of Australians on the ship though.

I'm glad you had fun...and now I envy you because I'd love to cruise Australia some day. Best wishes for your cruising future.

Hi Guys,

We put four bags under the double bed, two down the side near the port holes, two in the cupboards and another against the wall under the TV. It was fine. I was so stressed with it the day before I wanted to go home. We arrived at 9.30am , met a Porter, he took or bags at about 10am and I didnt worry about them until 2pm when they were lined up outside the room. Spent about 30 minutes sweating and cursing and it was all sorted. .. I enjoyed the sail off with a beer wondering how good this was going to be.

Re the SPIRIT - they are same/same locations. I have been to Fiji, and many of those locations. No interest to me. As someone else commented, the trip is almost double what I would pay for one that departs in the USA. Paying about $4000 to $5000 for a cruise from Aus that would be about $2200 in USA.

Considerig flying to USA and doing a cruise and another week or so and back home. Probably work out a few thousand worse off but get to visit the country I enjoy travelling to.

We were the aussie family you couldnt miss. Our kids never listen, so we spent most of the time yelling at them, they spent most of the time ignoring us, my daughter thought eating ice-cream at 8am was ok and that Pizza and garlic bread was fine for 7 days..... A great time though..... we all enjoyed it so much. Camp carnival was fantastic and a great relief for all of us after spending 8 weeks together.

Thanks again guys... great site, great community feel this forum

I have found all I need on this site for sure! I so agree with you! Enjoy your future cruises!;)

First time cruiser, we are an Australian family who just recently completed the 7 day mexican cruise on board the Carnival Splendor. That was the last week of a 8 week trip through Canada/Usa.

From the start I was not convinced I would be a ' cruise lover '. However, I am completely changed. I had the best time, the most relaxing time and I am now hooked. Already looking at doing another cruise sooner rather than later. We had issues before the cruise with 9 large bags but with the great advice I received from this site was able to stow all bags easily within the cabin.

Loved it... can wait for next one. Thank you cruise Critic and its generous members for the advice & guiidance I received.

Take Care

eating ice-cream at 8am was ok and that Pizza and garlic bread was fine for 7 days.....

Oh my, you mean it's not? That's what a cruise is all about, doing something different. Now here whole life if she sees icecream offered for breakfast, she will remembember her cruise.:) Glad you had a good time.

Archived