what deck do passengers board tenders

flyhi120

I am on the Norwegian Dream 10 day cruise to Alaska and have an "oceanview" on the bottom deck, the Caribbean deck, room 4230F...on the deck plans it looks like there is a hall next to the room...my fear is this is where the psgrs. will get on and off to go to shore and I like to sleep late...does anyone know...HELP:confused:

Yep, you got it, the tenders pull up to deck 4. They are dismissed by tour from the Stardust Lounge and use the staircase closest to the exit, so you shouldn't be bothered by swarms of people using your hallway.

I guess unless you are on the opposite side of the ship ...

On the STAR (sister to the DAWN), we began our tender trip from the Stardust .. only to be led in one large serpentine line the entire front half of Deck 4 ... veeerrrry close quarters and very claustrophobic! I was having a major panic attack until people let me thru to the open space in the tendering hall. I also felt sorry for the passengers who had staterooms in that hallway ... they had many probs getting thru .... one thing tho, the line seems to be gone in about an hour ....

~Dianne

I am on the DREAM to Alaska on 7/11/05 in room 4230, Caribbean deck, also known as the bottom deck, will hoards of passengers pass my door leaving on their tenders for shore excursions:confused:

I am on the DREAM to Alaska on 7/11/05 in room 4230, Caribbean deck, also known as the bottom deck, will hoards of passengers pass my door leaving on their tenders for shore excursions:confused:
Quite likely yes if your near one of the doors.

My new friend, Carol, from Cruise Critic was in 4231 on the Dream a couple weeks ago. This is what she posted about their room.

"Our cabin was very convenient. It was right by the door we went in to get on the ship, the first cabin to the left when we went in the door!!! It was also the unload door so that made it so convenient too. Of course it was a little noisy that day getting off. They started getting ready to open up to disembark about 4:30 a.m. and that woke us up but we were getting up early anyway to make sure we were ready."

Read her full review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=169785

Archived