Where to by:

I live in Canada and have booked an inside cabin on Freedom.

I saw my cabin on youtube and noticed a few ways to help stay organized - but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Looking to purchase a over the door shoe organizer (8 -10 pockets) but must me clear plastic type.

Also, looking for a plastic or mesh shower organizer, with pockets for shampoo, conditioner and soap etc.

Any suggestions where to buy these in Canada? Or do I have to just get them on ebay?

Thanks,

In the States we've gotten ours at dollar stores. I've also seen them in Target, Walmart, household stores (Bed Bath & Beyond), pharmacies (CVS, RiteAide, Walgreens). On occassion I've even sen them in our local grocery store.

Hopefully this will give you ideas on where to look near you.

When it's just the two of us traveling we do not bring these.

If there is only two of you in that cabin you do not need all that stuff. There is plenty of storage space.

Now if there is 4 of you-- thats another story

If there is only two of you in that cabin you do not need all that stuff. There is plenty of storage space.

Now if there is 4 of you-- thats another story

Agree for 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. In nearly 30 cruises, have never needed one. We have always had plenty of storage space. Maybe if there were 4 adults, especially if they are women, you may need the extra storage space.:D

I live in Canada and have booked an inside cabin on Freedom.

I saw my cabin on youtube and noticed a few ways to help stay organized - but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Looking to purchase a over the door shoe organizer (8 -10 pockets) but must me clear plastic type.

Also, looking for a plastic or mesh shower organizer, with pockets for shampoo, conditioner and soap etc.

Any suggestions where to buy these in Canada? Or do I have to just get them on ebay?

Thanks,

However, if you really prefer to bring one, I have seen them at Loblaws ( of all places ) on sale. Also, have you tried Solutions? They specialize in storage and organizer items. If you live in west Mississauga, there is one on Dundas, just west of Winston Churchill.

Have tried walmart, dollar stores, storage solutions.

None of them have them or they are made of cloth.

I understand that the shoe one is probably a preference.

But from seeing the showers in the inside cabins I don't see anywhere inside the shower to put things?? Is there and I am missing it???

thanks...amazon or ebay may win out yet.

But from seeing the showers in the inside cabins I don't see anywhere inside the shower to put things?? Is there and I am missing it???

What about like a home improvement store....i.e. Menards, Lowes. Just a thought for ya. But we have never used them and never had a problem in our cabin. There is always plenty of drawer space

However, if you really prefer to bring one, I have seen them at Loblaws ( of all places ) on sale. Also, have you tried Solutions? They specialize in storage and organizer items. If you live in west Mississauga, there is one on Dundas, just west of Winston Churchill.

Ha!!! West Mississauga here too! I have also seen them at Loblaws. I would have a good look at HomeOutfitters too!!! (Dundas/403)

I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner and have always had room for them in the shower. I can't seem to mentally picture it right now but I believe there is a small wire (strong ) "rack" on the back wall of the shower. Most of the pictures you see, usually show the shower head and the 2 dispensers but not the other end/side (???). Anyone else know what I'm trying to describe here?...lol.;)

It sounds like you've tried every place I was going to suggest. How about Home Outfitters? That's the only other one I can think of. If it's any consolation, though, my DH and I have never needed these things either for just the two of us. There have always been little shelves or racks inside the shower to store things and shelves by the bathroom mirror for more toiletries.

Tried Home outfitters, rona, home depot.

Glad to hear there is a rack in the shower. Yes the pictures only show the shower head side.

Hello to fellow Mississaugans.

Guess will have to try Loblaws - darn was just shopping there yesterday.

If not there then amazon or ebay.

Thanks all

FWIW- We tried the over the door shoe hanger for the bathroom door on our last cruise. I took it down shortly after I put it up and filled it. It really got in the way of going in and out of the bathroom and we could not use the hook on the back of the bathroom door either. Since there are 4 of us, we had a lot of stuff to put in it and that might have been the issue, I don't know. It just didn't work for us. We ended up just throwing the shoes under the sink like we have done before and lined up the other stuff on the sink. We had plenty of room between the sink top and the shelves.

But, the shower organizer sounds like it might be something useful for us. I'll look one up and see.

I saw my room on youtube and the people taping showed they had a small over the door shoe hanger (8 pockets) that they hung inside one of the closets.

They put things like camera's, chargers, etc. in there so they kept things organized and somewhat hidden.

Thought it would give extra storage for those little things that usually mess up the countertops etc.

Have a look:

Dollarama is my $+store of choice; I even found Mardi Gras beads there before I knew what they were!

Oshawa Here...

Agreed, Dollarama is great...lately though I have been wandering through EFADS (Everything For A Dollar +), and have seen the mesh bags and shoe organizer types, but I'm not sure if they were clear or not.

Have also found shoe organizers in factorydirect stores about 6 mo ago...they may still have some ?! Also try XS Cargo !

OP:

Watched the cabin video, and the organizer looks like it would be great if more than 2 were in the cabin. However, we are going on a 15 day cruise next March, and I'm thinking it might be a good idea to consider one !

Good Luck in your search.

Archived