Category Question?

afcruiser

Could someone please explain how the categories work?

I can't seem to find any info on Carnival's website.

I know I've seen it before on this thread, awhile back.

Researching an Alaska Cruise and looking at booking an aft cabin.

Categories are either 8N or 8M. I know higher up is more expensive but are cabin sizes larger as well??

Thanks for any info.

I use cruisedeckplans.com

Usually the same type of cabins are the same size, just different decks .. however if its a extended aft balcony, then the balcony itself would be approx twice as deep.

If you go to the above site and click on the cabin you are looking at, the category will pop up.

researching alaska on carnival is a Spirit Class ship.

On that class the corner afts are suites. Which are true suites as they feature a separate sleeping room and a sitting area.

Except on deck 5- you will pay the same as the suites on other decks but deck 5 is just one big room.

Aft balconies are all opened except deck 4 which is covered - which is perfect for an alaska cruise.

On that class the corner afts are suites. Which are true suites as they feature a separate sleeping room and a sitting area.

Except on deck 5- you will pay the same as the suites on other decks but deck 5 is just one big room.

Aft balconies are all opened except deck 4 which is covered - which is perfect for an alaska cruise.

From the OPs post, Im assuming he is looking at one of the 4 aft facing balconies on Miracle, not the corner suites.

There are 4, 8Ms, on deck 6, then on deck 7 there are 4, 8Ns .. and deck 8, they are 8Ns.

OP if there is much of a price difference, Id just take the 8Ms. You can drag and drop the decks on the above site to see what is below you, which is always a good idea to check out.

I just started researching Alaska cruises today. One poster, who went in May said rain and cold.

I was planning on surprising the Hubby for our 4th Anniversary Cruise to Alaska in September 2013. He's Retired Air Force, 22 years, and spent 10 years in Alaska. I have never been.:(

I think a covered balcony would be best. We have cruised before but never an aft balcony.

Our last cruise we booked early saver and got a pretty nice price drop. But it depended on the category.

Thanks for your info.

Mary

I use cruisedeckplans.com

Usually the same type of cabins are the same size, just different decks .. however if its a extended aft balcony, then the balcony itself would be approx twice as deep.

If you go to the above site and click on the cabin you are looking at, the category will pop up.

Thanks for the Website. Haven't checked it out yet but I will tonight. Saved it to my Favorites for future reference.

Planning is so much fun. :p

Mary

I was planning on surprising the Hubby for our 4th Anniversary Cruise to Alaska in September 2013. He's Retired Air Force, 22 years, and spent 10 years in Alaska. I have never been.:(

R]

September is the end of the cruising season. cheap but weather is something else.

the end of July/begining of August is prime season.

Archived