* Carnival VICTORY <3 Photos Photos & more Photos Review <3<3 *

Kubanita

dsc1130f.jpg

53566012.jpg

Ahh.. This has got to be my fav shot!! So cool !!! Im telling you, this was also one of the highlights of the cruise for me.. where else do you get to experience this? Awesome, awesome :):D

dsc1182c.jpg

dsc1183d.jpg

Edited by Kubanita

I was so sad when we left St. Maarten :( It was my favorite port of the trip and we are already hoping to go back and spend a week there. We did a private tour and it was the most fun we had all week.

There are so many things to do there and not enough time ! You could spend an entire day at orient, an entire day at Maho, entire day shopping downtown Dutch and downtown on the French side... Also, you can go to the neighboring islands by ferry....

This island is so beautiful and i love all your pics... going to St. Maarten last was a great end to a great trip!

What town did you stop at and who was your tour guide. Is there a way to get in touch with him?And how long were you gone, did he just wait for you why yall walked around. Sorry about all the questions, love the review.

I was so sad when we left St. Maarten :( It was my favorite port of the trip and we are already hoping to go back and spend a week there. We did a private tour and it was the most fun we had all week.

There are so many things to do there and not enough time ! You could spend an entire day at orient, an entire day at Maho, entire day shopping downtown Dutch and downtown on the French side... Also, you can go to the neighboring islands by ferry....

This island is so beautiful and i love all your pics... going to St. Maarten last was a great end to a great trip!

Yes I completely agree. St Marteen really is amazing, and I loved the fact that it was the last stop.. !! Thanks for the nice comments =) I hope that if i am ever to return I can visit a few more places :D

Great review and even better pictures! Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I just wasted an hour at work drooling over the beautiful scenery and the melting chocolate cake! :)

awww haha How sweet thank you!!! I am really happy that you liked it, I do the same thing at work, go through everyones reviews haha. =)

I think I just figured out my next itinerary. Great Review! Great Pics....

Thank you.. glad I could help ;):D This itinerary is OUTSTANDING!!

Kubanita...was the return cab fare included in the $30.00 p/p for the island tour and Maho beach?

Oh no. I forgot to mention that the tour was only to drop us off at the beach. After the beach we were on our own. We took a taxi back and payed $7 each.

What town did you stop at and who was your tour guide. Is there a way to get in touch with him?And how long were you gone, did he just wait for you why yall walked around. Sorry about all the questions, love the review.

I honestly do not remember the name of the tour person, Once you get off the ship, you will see several drivers, taxis, and the people with their private tour excursions. They have a few selections. For example if you just want to to the beach, or only one side of the island. etc. He did wait while we went downtown, and took the 45 min or so to discover fort louis. He also took us to the nude orient beach, plus other places around which he waited while we just took pictures etc. Once at our final destination which was Maho Beach, we payed, and then we were on our own. You do have to take a taxi back to the ship which is like $7 bucks p/p I believe.

I just told my DH, the next cruise we book needs to stop at St. Maarten! It's not talked about too often and there are only a handful of cruises that go there, but it is beautiful. Our DS would love to watch the airplanes taking off and landing! Once again, thank you for a GREAT review!!!:)

I just told my DH, the next cruise we book needs to stop at St. Maarten! It's not talked about too often and there are only a handful of cruises that go there, but it is beautiful. Our DS would love to watch the airplanes taking off and landing! Once again, thank you for a GREAT review!!!:)

Oh that is great!!! I agree!! not talked about enough, for all the beauty there is to see. Love that litle island. Im sure you will enjoy !!! Thank you :):)

Bea - a couple of questions about the St Martin day. I think you said you paid a cab driver $30 and he took you to Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho. Did he wait for you at Orient, or leave and come back later? Same with Marigot. And did the $30 include return to the ship?

Bea - a couple of questions about the St Martin day. I think you said you paid a cab driver $30 and he took you to Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho. Did he wait for you at Orient, or leave and come back later? Same with Marigot. And did the $30 include return to the ship?

Yes he waited while we were at orient beach, this stio was only about 15 minutes though.. To see the place and just take a few pictures. Same thing for the other places we stopped to explore. When we stopped for the 45 min at st martin around downtown etc he waited in the bus while we did our thing. Once at our final destination Maho beach, we payed and that was the end of the trip. It did not include the return to the ship. Overall i was pleased. Maybe you can even find a better deal if you negotiate with them since is private or get a bigger group :)

Hi LOved Loved Loved your review!! I am going on this cruise 9/16/12. I have also booked Silver Moon.

I have a question in regard to what to pack. I noticed you had long pants on at night on the Lido. Since we have a 50 lb limit. I am trying to be efficient in my packing.

Did you find you needed a jacket or long pants very often? I am thinking just bathing suits and cover ups during the day. Do you agree that works for the day. The only nice clothes would be for dining on the ship...

Hi LOved Loved Loved your review!! I am going on this cruise 9/16/12. I have also booked Silver Moon.

I have a question in regard to what to pack. I noticed you had long pants on at night on the Lido. Since we have a 50 lb limit. I am trying to be efficient in my packing.

Did you find you needed a jacket or long pants very often? I am thinking just bathing suits and cover ups during the day. Do you agree that works for the day. The only nice clothes would be for dining on the ship...

the only nice cloths you need is for the nightime. I took some nice pants which I matched with different shirts. I mostly took morning/afternoon cloths as I found these you wear the most. YES- YOU WILL NEED A JACKET it was cold !!! At least I thought it was at night specially sometimes at dinner or outside lido deck. You will looooveee this cruise though, awesome awesome!!!!!! =) i WISH YOU A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!! Any more questions I am here to help and thank you for reading my review :)

Bea

Carnival Victory !!!!

I am extremely excited to FINALLY put together my review on my latest cruise on board the Victory.

A little bit of information about myself .. Cruise junkie/ Photography lover/ adventure seeker/ Travel Addicted. 24 years old and I live in sunny Miami Fl :cool:

This would be my 7th cruise ( lucky no.7 ) & 4th with Carnival.

Overall... I LOVED IT !!!!! This cruise, itinerary has definitely made it to my top favorite !!!!

Keeping in mind that there are already lots of reviews on the Victory, I will mostly share my pictures, and also give you lots of information on the excursions, since hubby and I definitely took advantage and did something DIFFERENT in every island ;)

Random Thoughts:

- Best Itinerary Carnival offers.

- Whoa very GREEN ship :eek:

- Different ambience when sailing off the caribbean ( lots of spanish speaking )

- Best crew ever! Room attendant (Fernando) greeted me with a smile and by my full name every single time.. never failed. so sweet

- Ice cream every night, no excuses!

- Comedy shows were AWESOME and always new material

- Wish I would of packed more beach, relaxed cloths as thats what you really need!!

- The week flew by quick.. but memories will be forever remembered.

Port by Port Excursions..

I will talk about my experience on each port, what we did and how we liked it... will try to give as much info. as possible.

Day 1 - Embarkation and Puerto Rico ( too much rain, no excursion )

Day 2 - St Thomas - Beach day at Magens Bay

Day 3 - Sea Day

Day 4 - Barbados - Silver Moon Catamaran - Private ( Highlight of the trip for me ) ;)

Day 5 - St Lucia - Land & Sea conv. ( with Carnival )

Day 6 - St Kitts - ATV Adventure ( with Carnival ) second best overall.

Day 7 - St Marteen - Private tour of the island and Maho Beach

Day 8 - Back to Miami.

Stay tunned :)

All photos taken with Iphone, Cannon D10 Water Camera & Nikon D3000 Professional camera. ( If you would like to know exactly which one I used for the photos ask me. )

scaled.php?server=411&filename=img2295eg.jpg&res=landing

Hi there, we are due to go on this cruise 9/16/12 and it is sooooo slow getting here. I have a couple questions. I did just treat myself to the Canon D10 which I am saving to use on this trip. I am going on the Silvermoon cat tour and wonder if you kept your camera on Auto or did you have to change settings at all. I hate to read directions and am hoping just to keep it on one setting and not mess with it. Takes me forever to figure out then I lose the photo op.

Since we have to be under 5he 50 lb in baggage with I find impossible to fathom you mentioned you wish you would have brought different clothes. In what way? I am hoping to bring a sundress for the evenings in the MDR and then just bathing suits with cover ups during the day. What would you reccomend? Would dresses be uncomfortable up on the deck at night. Or would you just wear PJ's out on lido for sail away : )

Also, since we have to run up and get coffee in the morning can I do that in my p.j's too. : )

• 4 weeks later...
Great review. Loved your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do it. We are going on the Victory again this December.... can't wait.

thank you!!!!! I wish you guys a great trip... I also want to go back on this same ship.!! Its thattt amazing!!!!:D

Hi there, we are due to go on this cruise 9/16/12 and it is sooooo slow getting here. I have a couple questions. I did just treat myself to the Canon D10 which I am saving to use on this trip. I am going on the Silvermoon cat tour and wonder if you kept your camera on Auto or did you have to change settings at all. I hate to read directions and am hoping just to keep it on one setting and not mess with it. Takes me forever to figure out then I lose the photo op.

Since we have to be under 5he 50 lb in baggage with I find impossible to fathom you mentioned you wish you would have brought different clothes. In what way? I am hoping to bring a sundress for the evenings in the MDR and then just bathing suits with cover ups during the day. What would you reccomend? Would dresses be uncomfortable up on the deck at night. Or would you just wear PJ's out on lido for sail away : )

Also, since we have to run up and get coffee in the morning can I do that in my p.j's too. : )

hey there!!!!!! You are going to love the silverman cruise.....!!! we had such a good time... the camara was set on beach mode when outside and underwater when under the water lol. just make sure that you dont use the underwater feature when you are taking the regular pictures...because otherwise it will give you like a purplelish weird effect. you can also use the auto feature when you are not underwater...it works just fine.

I wish I would have brought more cloths to hang out...more shorts, tank tops, and flip flops...dresses etc. because you spend most of your time out, doing a lot of the excursions...and not as much onboard the ship. So the bathing suits, cover ups and shorts etc will be perfect..!!!!! the dresses for the nightime is also a great idea and take a litle sweater as it does get cold in the dinning room. and yessssssss pjsss all the wayy..!!! i saw many people with pjs at nights relaxing and also mornings... dont worry..!! you are on vacation!!!! hahha. you are going to have a blast!!! I hope to hear from you and see pictures... and im sorry I took so long to answer...

xoxo.

Bea