Cotton: Alexandria Question

jgmpuma

You (I think it was you) said in an old post that you had a sister in Alexandria, and knew the city. We are going there in a week or two to meet some friends, and are looking for a good place to eat.

Any Alexandria equivalent of The Gumbo Shop?

Oh yeah. There's a little dump (clean but not fancy) - Robbie G's - toward the end of Jackson Street Extension. GREAT seafood, po-boys, gumbo, crawfish, soft-shelled crabs.....oh, my mouth is watering. LOVE that place. I had a wonderful oyster po-boy there just last week. Oh, those oysters were SO crispy!) I've only been there for lunch, but the menu is the same all the time - very inexpensive.

And then there's a nice restaurant out by the lake, (ask to sit in the big 'back room' for good views of the lake). I've been there several times for dinner. I have to call my sister in a few minutes anyway, so I promise I'll get back to this thread today, and will give you the name. (My memory is the pits!):rolleyes:

OK, just talked w/my sister. She said that place by the lake is "Tunk's". It's on Lake Kincaid. Go out Hwy.28W, about 8 miles, and there's a sign by the highway. She said they had dinner there Tuesday, and she enjoyed the blackened catfish, and her husband had a crawfish entree.

She also reminded me about "Spirits". They like eating there, and I've been there a couple of times, but thought it was just ok. I think your best bet would be either Robbie G's or Tunks.

Enjoy!:)

I was born and raised near Alexandria and Tunks is THE PLACE to eat in that town. Robbie G's is good also, as Cotton stated. I love Tunks, ate there last Sat while visiting my parents for Mother's Day. Great Food, beautiful view. Go early, or you'll have to wait awhile for a table. It's worth the wait though. Try the Gumbo and the steaks are great, and any of the seafood is really good too. Most eat the alligator appetizer, it's the best that I have had anywhere.

Archived