POM taxi for 6?

bluenoser2

We will be a party of 6. If we were travelling to MIA from the port post-cruise, would we be able to get a taxi for all of us, and is it still the flat rate of $24 plus tip? If we are flying out of FLL what would be the best? Rental van? Thank you! I should sign this, Clueless in Canada.

Taxi suv's are available for the same rate. Not sure that they'd hold 6 with lots of bags tho.

Shuttles charge per person. Stick to cabs if talking the same city port and airport.

You need a shuttle service to get between Ft.L and Miami or the cab fare will be over $80.

There are lots of posts here re transportation between Ft. L and MIA.

Taxi vans and SUVs can fit 6 but not 6+bags. :o You will likely need two cabs both from MIA to POM and from POM to FLL -- shuttles from SAS (www.ridesas.com) and others will make the POM to FLL trip for about $15 per person (cheaper than two cabs!).

You might check with Larry's Limos -- often suggested for Miami service - for both trips; 6 plus bags can fit into a limo stretched just far enough! ;)

Good luck! :)

There were 6 in my group a few years back when leaving POM and we got a full-sized van. The driver got all 6 of us and 8 pieces of regular-sized luggage in there with no problem.

Not to many full sized vans operating as taxis - typically the biggest you see are mini-vans and some SUV style cabs. Were you in a cab or using a shuttle service? :confused:

Not to many full sized vans operating as taxis - typically the biggest you see are mini-vans and some SUV style cabs. Were you in a cab or using a shuttle service? :confused:

I'm not sure.....when we walked out of the port, there were guys there asking if we needed a cab. We said yes and he asked how many. He pointed us to a driver that had a van and he loaded us all up. Maybe that was some type of shuttle service??

Thanks for your replies! It gives me some information to give DH anyway. We will be doing carry-on only for this trip (if I have anything to say about it, so there won't be massive amounts of luggage).I think where we are 6 in a group, we may be able to get the shuttle for $12 pp, which is probably just fine, and we can reserve that ahead of time. Or not. Sigh. Decisions, decisions. Good thing there's still lots of days to dwell on it all.

When you collect your bags just see the taxi starter located right outside. He will look at your group and bags and get the correct taxi for you (there are tons of taxis waiting just outside the airport).

If for some very odd reason you don't fit in a traditional cab, the starter will refer you to the shuttle vendor at MIA.

Yogi

Well, DH booked our flights and we're flying in and out of FLL so, I'm thinking now that the shuttle at $12 pp will be the best way to go (for price and convenience)? Our return flight doesn't leave until 1:30 p.m. I think, so we won't be pressed for time.

Archived