Longer New England/Canada Cruise Poll!

arby70

Interested in a 10 to 12 day Carnival New Eng./Canada Cruise in the fall?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a 10 to 12 day Carnival New Eng./Canada Cruise in the fall?

• I would love it. When can I book?
    • I am interested enough to give it alot of consideration.
    • I am lukewarm to this cruise. A strong maybe.
    • Doesn't interest me in the slightest. Caribbean here I come!

Since there are so many loyal Carnival cruisers out there, I am anxious to try them out on my next cruise. Me and my DH are interested in a 10 to 12 day New England/Canada cruise in late September/early October of 2006 or 2007. At this time, I only see 7 day cruises with Carnival, and would like to see one that hits Quebec City and leaves and returns to the same port on the New England coastline. If Carnival ever looks at these boards and considers our input, how interested would you be in a cruise of this type?

how interested would you be in a cruise of this type?

No interest whatsoever.

Now an extended southern Caribbean itinerary homeporting in south Florida, as opposed to SJU, that's another story entirely.

LOL!

I'm fortunate enough to live here so no need to cruise through. :D

We'll be driving up the coast and taking a ferry to Nova Scotia this August....looking forward to that in a big way!! But when I cruise, I head south baby!! ;)

Hi Arby, I'm making my first venture into the Carnival world on 9/17 for a 7 day Canada/NE out of NYC. I've heard great things about Carnival too, and am looking for some variety from what I'm used to with Princess and I think the Triumph is large enough to provide something for everyone. I would prefer the 10 day roundtrip from the same port also. I don't like 7 day cruises - they are just a little too short. I had considered the Princess 10-day one way to QC but as I really prefer to drive to NYC, a one way cruise doesn't appeal. Not so sure that anyone at the cruisline is listening, but I think you have a great idea.

Check with Princess - we did a 13 day repositioning from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale - 9 ports, we liked it but it was an 'inside' cruise because it was cold (started Oct. 31 ), Don't waste your money on a balcony.

I would prefer the 10 day roundtrip from the same port also. I don't like 7 day cruises - they are just a little too short. I had considered the Princess 10-day one way to QC but as I really prefer to drive to NYC, a one way cruise doesn't appeal. Not so sure that anyone at the cruisline is listening, but I think you have a great idea.

I'd like to see Carnival do 2 or 3 longer cruises to this area during the fall color period. I would love to leave from New York and cruise the river into Quebec City and then end up back in NYC. Their 7 day cruise just doesn't offer quite what I'm looking for (ie. the Norwegian Jewel). This particular cruise would be nicer being longer, but it appears most Carnival cruisers are not as interested in this destination. I would love to try Carnival, but most likely it will have to be an alternate cruise sometime in the future. I suppose that Carnival does specialize in the Caribbean, and that is what I most likely will try with them at another time.

..........I would like to see Carnival offer a bigger selection of l o n g cruises. I know they are the King of the short cruise and have that market just about taken up...but I want to see more 14-18 day cruises through Carnival....some Panama Canal/Cetntral/South America cruises for instance.

Since there are so many loyal Carnival cruisers out there, I am anxious to try them out on my next cruise. Me and my DH are interested in a 10 to 12 day New England/Canada cruise in late September/early October of 2006 or 2007. At this time, I only see 7 day cruises with Carnival, and would like to see one that hits Quebec City and leaves and returns to the same port on the New England coastline. If Carnival ever looks at these boards and considers our input, how interested would you be in a cruise of this type?

I'd love it......We did one on NCL a couple years back. 7 night / One Way / New York to Montreal. had a great time.....and I do want one that goes up the St. Lawrence....Not just to Halifax. I'd prefer all the way to Montreal, with an overnight in Montreal or Quebec. Round Trip would be cheaper on the airfare...

It's a wonderful cruise, especially durning the turning of the leaves.....but of course that makes the crise price higher for those weeks...

x

I'd love it......We did one on NCL a couple years back. 7 night / One Way / New York to Montreal. had a great time.....and I do want one that goes up the St. Lawrence....Not just to Halifax. I'd prefer all the way to Montreal, with an overnight in Montreal or Quebec. Round Trip would be cheaper on the airfare...

It's a wonderful cruise, especially durning the turning of the leaves.....but of course that makes the crise price higher for those weeks...

x

Hmmmm, you wanna cruise up here and I wanna cruise down there, go figure. I'd love to drive the hour and half to Montreal get on a ship then cruise down the coast to Florida. :D

I'm from Maine originally and live in Florida. I'll NEVER do a Maine winter again...ever!!! But I love Maine's brisk fall weather, vibrant colors and picking apples... I'd really enjoy a New England / Canada cruise that included more and varied ports-of-call. Since we'd have to fly up there to board a ship, I couldn't be bothered for 4 or 5 days. But I'd consider it for an 8 or 10 day cruise, particularly if it included Portland, Maine for one day so I could combine a cruise with a quick family visit!!

I remember my grandparents took a month long cruise in the 60's, that went down the coast of North and South America, and then up Africa and Western Europe.

Now sign me up for one of those!

I'm from Maine originally and live in Florida. I'll NEVER do a Maine winter again...ever!!! But I love Maine's brisk fall weather, vibrant colors and picking apples... I'd really enjoy a New England / Canada cruise that included more and varied ports-of-call. Since we'd have to fly up there to board a ship, I couldn't be bothered for 4 or 5 days. But I'd consider it for an 8 or 10 day cruise, particularly if it included Portland, Maine for one day so I could combine a cruise with a quick family visit!!

Portland is a nice city.......and we have family there also...

• 4 weeks later...

i vote for YES and i hope they add on some days in the future. i openly admit i love carnival and will stick with them as long as i can for the cruises that interest me. this cruise is the next one i am planning and it would be great if i could be on the ship longer. i had not thought of a back-to-back but now i am going to give that some thought also. i cant wait to get on a ship again and sail away :D .

Hi All,

My very first post here. I've been lurking and enjoying all of the antics (jeans, no jeans). I haven't cruised since 1997. I have 5 past Carnival cruises under my belt, but took a break.

My hubbie & I are sailing out of NY to Halifax on the Triumph on June 23rd and we booked a Guarantee Suite, so I'm pretty psyched! It's a long way since 4 of us were in an inside cabin of the Mardi Gras for March break back in 1984! Talk about a FUN ship!

I too am in Ottawa, Big Duck, (oops almost made a typo there!) and we're doing this cruise because we can drive to NY and my hubbie has never been out east.

I don't think I'd do a longer Canada cruise, but I'd be all over one leaving Montreal and heading south though!:)

LOL!

I'm fortunate enough to live here so no need to cruise through. :D

We'll be driving up the coast and taking a ferry to Nova Scotia this August....looking forward to that in a big way!! But when I cruise, I head south baby!! ;)

DITTO!!!

suitecruiser

welcome and we are glad you are not a lurker anymore :D .

i will be anxious too read yours and any other reviews of this cruise. i have gone to alaska twice on the carnival spirit--LOVED IT. and now i am in the process of choosing the best way to go on this cruise to canada/new england. i have read many reveiws ( very good ones ) about the triumph for . have you been to the reveiw section yet and checked it out? and too have a suite. wow, that is great. i know you are going to have a wonderful cruise and will be very surprised at how much the cruises has gotten better and better since you cruised last. please keep us posted on what kind of tours and things you have made and what you are up too while you are waiting to go. have a wonderful cruise. i know i am , when i can finally manage another cruise in the next year or two. unfortunately i live so far away i must budget in flights and hotels with my cruise plans.

I will definitely let you know how it all goes.

I lived in the Halifax area as a kid, so my plan is to rent a car and bore my husband with my old haunts for the morning and spend the afternoon wandering around Halifax (it is absolutely beautiful there) and hit a pub or five.

My last cruise was the Destiny in 1997, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the Triumph too.

Thanks for the welcome aboard...it's a great site and a lot of well informed and interesting people here!

halifax sounds wonderful. i cant wait to see it. yes, i like it here alot. i spend many hours roaming around the different threads and getting great info and just chatting with the other '' addicted '' cruisers like myself. like i said, i cant wait to read all the reveiws of this cruise. especially the fall folaige ones. that is when i want to go. i cant wait.

Hi All,

My very first post here. I've been lurking and enjoying all of the antics (jeans, no jeans). I haven't cruised since 1997. I have 5 past Carnival cruises under my belt, but took a break.

My hubbie & I are sailing out of NY to Halifax on the Triumph on June 23rd and we booked a Guarantee Suite, so I'm pretty psyched! It's a long way since 4 of us were in an inside cabin of the Mardi Gras for March break back in 1984! Talk about a FUN ship!

I too am in Ottawa, Big Duck, (oops almost made a typo there!) and we're doing this cruise because we can drive to NY and my hubbie has never been out east.

I don't think I'd do a longer Canada cruise, but I'd be all over one leaving Montreal and heading south though!:)

Welcome aboard. Irishnewfie is from Ottawa as well, so that makes three. Me and a buddy were considering a Triumph 4 day get-away in July but he backed out. We were also going to drive, it would be nice to avoid the whole flying thing.

There is more to Canada then just leaves ya know - How dare you!!! :p

LOL...Let me clarify. For me a cruise is about going to the islands....tropical islands.:D

I havn't lost anything in Canada that I need to go back and find :eek: :p

Archived