Kettles on Thomson Dream

We are booked on Thomson Dream Treasures of the Med on June 30 - not long now and getting excited.

Having been used to tea and coffee making facilities on our three previous cruises (Ocean Village and O.V. 2) we are planning to take our travel kettle with us if Thomsons allow this.

Can anyone help with this query? Also, if kettles not allowed, does the Dream offer Cabin service for early morning tea and is it expensive.

Kettles and Irons are definate no no, there are no facilities yet on the Dream in the cabins however I believe this is planned on the refurb when they become a premium class ship thus ensuring you pay a supplement.

Kettles and Irons are definate no no, there are no facilities yet on the Dream in the cabins however I believe this is planned on the refurb when they become a premium class ship thus ensuring you pay a supplement.

Is there a supplement? :eek:

We are booked on Thomson Dream Treasures of the Med on June 30 - not long now and getting excited.

Having been used to tea and coffee making facilities on our three previous cruises (Ocean Village and O.V. 2) we are planning to take our travel kettle with us if Thomsons allow this.

Can anyone help with this query? Also, if kettles not allowed, does the Dream offer Cabin service for early morning tea and is it expensive.

Although we knew that kettles are not officially allowed on the Dream, we did take ours together with an adequate supply of coffee and creamer, mugs, etc. We are almost sure that although we left everything tidily out of sight during our absence from the cabin, the steward was well aware of this. However, having spoken to several other passengers on the subject, it seems that many people do also take kettles. ;)

Although we knew that kettles are not officially allowed on the Dream, we did take ours together with an adequate supply of coffee and creamer, mugs, etc. We are almost sure that although we left everything tidily out of sight during our absence from the cabin, the steward was well aware of this. However, having spoken to several other passengers on the subject, it seems that many people do also take kettles. ;)

Can you advise us when you are next crusing, as i would definatley NOT want to travel with stupid people who think they are above the rules, kettels and irons are not allowed for a reason :rolleyes:

As I have said before, the safety announcement, on the first day at muster drill makes NO mention of KETTLES not being allowed, only IRONS. As long as they allow hair curlers/straighteners, then surely they must allow kettles, which do at least switch themselves off!

Of course you can use room service (at a cost):(

Can you advise us when you are next crusing, as i would definatley NOT want to travel with stupid people who think they are above the rules, kettels and irons are not allowed for a reason :rolleyes:

I will happily advise you sodafountain when I am next CRUISING with our KETTLE. I am, of course, that stupid that I can spell correctly! :eek:

As Cruisin Linda so rightly points out, there is no mention of kettles at muster drill, only irons and I certainly would not take one of those. Lots of other passengers take and use kettles, but just don't own up to it or even realise that they're not supposed to take them.

I will happily advise you sodafountain when I am next CRUISING with our KETTLE. I am, of course, that stupid that I can spell correctly! :eek:

As Cruisin Linda so rightly points out, there is no mention of kettles at muster drill, only irons and I certainly would not take one of those. Lots of other passengers take and use kettles, but just don't own up to it or even realise that they're not supposed to take them.

I would DEFINITELY agree with you Essexlass:D

does it make you feel big picking on dyslexic people then, for their spelling?

Also, why do people hide them if they are allowed, and you even state people do not realise they're not supposed to have them, that's obviously for a reason!

Taken from Thomson website - http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/life-onboard/got-a-question.html

Cabin Safety

Kettles and irons are not permitted in cabins for health and safety reasons.

Archived