Cruising 24th July - 31st July 2012

Aurionno1

Hi everybody, thought I would ask if any one is joining us on this cruise. I am so excited only 46 days to go. This will be our 2nd time on the Island Escape so I know we will have a good time.:):)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are and doing the 14 nighter. Never cruised before so a bit unsure, but wanted something informal and laid back. Two (young )middle aged parents with two teenage boys.Looking forward to it!! no cooking or anything. Fab.

We will be on the cruise from the 24th after a week in Cala Millor,

we being myself, wife and our two boys aged 13 & 17. Our first taste of cruising but a bit worried about things for the lads to do at their age??

Great, good to know that we won't have all the ship to ourselves after all.:) I also have two teenagers 17 & 15 they seem to keep themselves occupied (thank heavens for i pods). I look forward to hearing about everybodies recent cruises. Lets hope that they haven't drunk the ship dry:D and left some for us!!:cool:

Lets hope the teenagers all get together and have a good time too. and they had better not run out of booze, looking forward to chilling!!

Is anybody doing any of the excursions, still debating whether to book or try to go it alone!!

hi i go on tuesday 3rd and we are looking forward to it so much as for the exursions i tend to go it alone. i do a lot of research before i go and also read the forums on here. train travel is quite easy in italy, france and spain and reasonably priced aswell. my main target is the le spezia port ive looked at doing both florence and pisa but its a lot of train time so ive decided to do pisa and and le cinque terre (or some of it depending on what time i get up all inclusive :-)) you can use rail europe to find out time and prices i prefer to use the country,s own rail network website. the stations have automated machines which you can read in english

Also going on the 24th for two weeks, second time on Island Escape with a 15 year old (boy) and seven year old (girl) - was pregnant last time on board so looking forward to the drinks package this time :D

I've done my passport info on site and just started looking at the excursions. Has anyone booked any of these yet, any recommendations? I am particularly concerned about Rome, doing it on my own, and not getting back in time for the ship so despite the jaw-dropping price will probably book an excursion here. Not sure about the other ports of call - any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Look forward to seeing you all on board.

We did the Rome & Vatican excursion last time. It was a long bus journey with a comfort stop going. We saw some(not all) of the sights from the bus then went to lunch in a restaurant (included in the excursion) then went straight to the Vatican. It was fantastic. This time we are going to do the Coloseum excursion. I haven't pre-booked will just do it when we arrive on board. We also want to do one from Naples, probably Sorrento & Pompeii having done Herculeum last time. May also do one in Olbia, The Emerald Coast I think. The other ports we just do out own thing and wander about coming back for lunch and drinks. Propiana in Corsica is lovely, Menorca I think had a few steps but nice. It always helps to get the map from the reception desk the night before. :) If you do the excursions you know that the ship will never leave without you. We only have 23 days to go :):) the holiday will be brillant!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived