PB Tom .. affiliations?

Mr. Tom

Tom,

I know down the beach from you is a place to go Para sailing and Jet skiing, I was wondering if you were affiliated with them? If so, or if you happen to know, how much is it?

We will visiting you again the 10th, plannin on eating lunch there too. Keep the beer frosty for us!!

Appreciate the answers everyone, but they're like sooo out of date :D !!

As of about 5 weeks ago, we've got our own watersports concession guy and have our own jetskis, banana boat and parasail. Well, they're his actually, but we allow him to set up on our beach!

Our guys are right beside the other guys at the northern limit of the beach, right near the massage/hair braid tents. And yes, we take Visa and MC...hasta la vista!

It's more of a weight and size minimum/maximum. At 6 years old though, that's too light and too small to fit in the single harness. They might have a tandem harness that fits if you want to go up with him...I'll try to remember to ask tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

I have always wanted to parasail, but chickened out after reading so many horror stories about equipment failure. Can you reassure me? :o I'd like to try it when we come in October. I would feel better going tandem, but the weight would be too much for two adults. :(

PS - Put DH and myself down in your daytimer for October 24th! I would love for my 80 year old parents to join us, but I am afraid it would be too hot for them. Is there anywhere that they could lounge in the shade and still enjoy the views?

PSS - I just saw where you are expecting in baby in late October. Perhaps you will not be around or perhaps we will have something great to celebrate! :D

Do you need anything from Tennessee? Would be glad to pick up something for you, your wife (my name also) and the little one. :)

I've been on the island for over 8 years and I´ve never heard of a serious injury related to parasailing. It´s not like the old days where they yanked you off the beach and you had to run for a bit till you got airborne! Now you are just flown off a platform at the back of the boat and when you're time is up, they just gently reel you in like a kite. No choice but to land right on the platform...

Did hear of a guy getting smacked into the side of a hotel in Playacar (on the mainland) years ago but that's impossible here. Never heard of any lines breaking either.

Your parents have a lot of shade options (esp. in Low Season!). There's the upstairs dining room, the downstairs bar/dining area, the south-end beach bar, the palapa covered pier and of course the palm or umbrella shaded lounge chairs!

We're currently in NYC doing a lot of shopping for the little critter (Macy's one day sale was today!) so hopefully we won´t be needing anything else...hah!...yeah, right! I´ll let you know, thanx for the offer and hasta la vista!

PB Tom - heard about PB from my sister and have been excited about going since before I booked my cruise. Of course when she went it was still a free beach. A little disappointed that it is $8 now but I understand. Was wondering though if we are doing something extra such as parasailing do we have to pay the $8 on top of that? Single income military family, have to cut corners when we can. Also would like to know how much the message is? It's sounding pretty good right about now. Plan on seeing our family of four on July 20th!

mlrt-As I understand it the $8 is not to use the beach but to use the beach toys (basically an activities charge). For $8 you get a wristband which entitles you to use any or all of the following: floaty mats, climbing iceberg, water trampoline, and snorkle equipment. (I'm sure PB Tom will let us know if I forgot something :) ). This seems like a real deal to me. The parasailing is run by a separate company and has nothing to do with the use of these amenities. I have a group headed to Paradise Beach at the end of July and I know some of those in the group will not be purchasing the activities wristband but just kicking back on the beach.

Archived