When You Booked Ur Wedding.....

What happen on the First Phone Call? Did they give you alot of Info, Where you able to get all your questions answered, did they email you info????? I just want to prep my self, should I have questions wrote down, etc? This will be on Carnival, But Any help would be great.

Happy Cruising & Congrats Ladies :D

I did lots of research online and then called Carnival on multiple occasions and asked tons of questions. When I was ready to book I first called and made sure my date was still available and once that was confirmed I had them put a 24 hour hold on the date. I then went online & booked our cruise and called them back immediately to book the cruise wedding. After booking, your wedding coordinator will e-mail you a ton of documents for you to read and go over and some of them will need to be sent back to them before the actual wedding. Some examples of the things they e-mailed me were, the photography list, cake order form, reception food form, entertainment form, etc. Because I called so much before actually booking the wedding with all of my questions, when it was time to book the process was super easy. So I would definitely write a list of all of your questions, give them a call and get the answers. Congratulations!! =]

Thanks so much for taking time to answer my question and not just read it, and leave the thread.. That's great to know you were offered a 24 hr hold (i didnt know that) and, that they will contact you by email with paper work :) Thanks so much, U have cleared up alot :-)

And Congrats to you toooooooooo :p

And you will get a call.

I got a call from my Planner about 3 weeks or so after booking.

It's been really nice process so far. Everything you discuss will be through email so there is history.

I'm planning on printing all emails when i get on the ship to ensure there are no misunderstandings.

I got that suggestion from another bride, that Carnival missed a few people on her guest list so they weren't on the VIP list. But because she had all her emails, they allowed her missing guest to board.

And personally speaking, I emailed my Carnival reservation Planner, who's very good and always nice, with my guest list that was taking the cruise. He booked all their rooms without any issues. 3 weeks later I realized that he booked a couple in the wrong room category. Balcony instead of inside. But since he had the email, he fixed the issue quickly, no charges. I'm sure it would have been different response had I done the booking over the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And you will get a call.

It's been really nice process so far. Everything you discuss will be through email so there is history.

I'm planning on printing all emails when i get on the ship to ensure there are no misunderstandings.

I got that suggestion from another bride, that Carnival missed a few people on her guest list so they weren't on the VIP list. But because she had all her emails, they allowed her missing guest to board.

And personally speaking, I emailed my Carnival reservation Planner, who's very good and always nice, with my guest list that was taking the cruise. He booked all their rooms without any issues. 3 weeks later I realized that he booked a couple in the wrong room category. Balcony instead of inside. But since he had the email, he fixed the issue quickly, no charges. I'm sure it would have been different response had I done the booking over the phone.

Absolutely print everything and have it organized in a binder. Keep copies of everything. We had one person who wasn't on the list and I am so happy I had everything with me.

And you will get a call.

Thanks SO much tooo :) Oh yeah I always print out my info..Neer know when something could "pop" up, lolol

I contacted them firstly via email to ask if the wedding date was available and it was, so they held if for me until we booked the cruise. Luckily it was still available a few weeks later once we booked it.

With royal romance we were required to fill in a lot of paperwork and then fax it over to them in the US (were from the UK). I remember getting a phone call from the wedding planner and she went through what would happen on the day. Although I thought this was far too early to give me details it did bring up 1 issue!! She told me we would both be taken to the court house on the morning of the wedding in the car together... however we do not want to see eachother until the ceremony!!

If you have any burning questions write them down and make sure to ask xx

I, too, am booked with Carnival for my wedding.

I read a lot of reviews and visited a lot of the cruise wedding provider sites (like A wedding for you, etc.) before ultimately calling carnival to book. I booked our room first and wedding second using the 24 hour hold method as described above because I wanted a certain ship & itinerary, the date was least important to me.

First, I received the email pkg from Carnival, then I received a call from their wedding vendor. The wedding vendor also emailed me a pkg of items which included vows, poems, rituals etc.

I ordered various upgraded items through carnival (flowers, videographer and pianist) which, I always send via email because they won't provide a receipt until closer to the wedding.

The one piece of advice I would give is if you want entertainment at your wedding, (band, DJ or pianist) order that early. There is only one offering/ location for that person, and it's first come, first served.

I contacted them firstly via email to ask if the wedding date was available and it was, so they held if for me until we booked the cruise. Luckily it was still available a few weeks later once we booked it.

With royal romance we were required to fill in a lot of paperwork and then fax it over to them in the US (were from the UK). I remember getting a phone call from the wedding planner and she went through what would happen on the day. Although I thought this was far too early to give me details it did bring up 1 issue!! She told me we would both be taken to the court house on the morning of the wedding in the car together... however we do not want to see eachother until the ceremony!!

If you have any burning questions write them down and make sure to ask xx

Yeah that was good that they still had it open :) I hear there is a 48 hour hold with Carnival.. Thanks So much for the info, Congrats

I, too, am booked with Carnival for my wedding.

I read a lot of reviews and visited a lot of the cruise wedding provider sites (like A wedding for you, etc.) before ultimately calling carnival to book. I booked our room first and wedding second using the 24 hour hold method as described above because I wanted a certain ship & itinerary, the date was least important to me.

First, I received the email pkg from Carnival, then I received a call from their wedding vendor. The wedding vendor also emailed me a pkg of items which included vows, poems, rituals etc.

I ordered various upgraded items through carnival (flowers, videographer and pianist) which, I always send via email because they won't provide a receipt until closer to the wedding.

The one piece of advice I would give is if you want entertainment at your wedding, (band, DJ or pianist) order that early. There is only one offering/ location for that person, and it's first come, first served.

Oh Yeah, thanks for the DJ advice :-) I for sure want one.. Ur wedding seems like its gonna be nice. Thanks so much for taking time out to help me.. cant wait to see ur pix and read ur review.

Congrats

I booked my wedding using the same hold everyone else has mentioned. We are using a TA though and so she placed the hold for me, then I paid for our room and then the wedding. She placed the hold on a Monday and I paid for both on that Wednesday.

As the others said, I got a TON of stuff via email from Carnival within 24 hours of booking, but I haven't received a phone call:( It's not until next March though so I'm not worried so far!

I booked my wedding using the same hold everyone else has mentioned. We are using a TA though and so she placed the hold for me, then I paid for our room and then the wedding. She placed the hold on a Monday and I paid for both on that Wednesday.

As the others said, I got a TON of stuff via email from Carnival within 24 hours of booking, but I haven't received a phone call:( It's not until next March though so I'm not worried so far!

Yeah I wouldnt be worried then.. You have time :-) At least you have tons of info for right now *+*

I also just got a ton of emails and no phone call either! I was thinking that was because we booked the wedding 14 months out but we now only have 8 months to go and still no phone call although I have sent a couple of emails requesting certain things for the wedding and we also already booked the DJ and got confirmation of that so Im not too worried yet :)

I also just got a ton of emails and no phone call either! I was thinking that was because we booked the wedding 14 months out but we now only have 8 months to go and still no phone call although I have sent a couple of emails requesting certain things for the wedding and we also already booked the DJ and got confirmation of that so Im not too worried yet :)

Sounds like they do ALOT by email until 3 weeks out :)

The "call" I received was from Carnival's wedding vendor. She called me prior to sending me the packet of information and services they provide. My guess is that not all of the wedding vendors treat their business the same way. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you have been in touch with Carnival and the wedding vendor in some way.

Sidebar: I tried calling carnival once and spoke with a gentleman who was very nice, but, had no idea what I was talking about. I prefer to email, that way my specific coordinator replies with an accurate response.

Hey,

I booked my wedding today so if you want to know what its like right away! I asked allot of questions the last few weeks before i booked and i called them and they answered everything! I booked my rooms on the cruise over a month ago but waited a little to book the wedding. I put a 48 hour hold on to book the wedding which carnival offers now! I also waited to book because my cruise is far away. Carnival stated i would get a email in 48 hours so we shall see. Also this board has helped me ask the right questions to carnival as well thank you board!

Hey,

I booked my wedding today so if you want to know what its like right away! I asked allot of questions the last few weeks before i booked and i called them and they answered everything! I booked my rooms on the cruise over a month ago but waited a little to book the wedding. I put a 48 hour hold on to book the wedding which carnival offers now! I also waited to book because my cruise is far away. Carnival stated i would get a email in 48 hours so we shall see. Also this board has helped me ask the right questions to carnival as well thank you board!

Congratsssssss *=* When did they say they would be sending out the Wedding booklet with vendor prices and stuff???

What happen on the First Phone Call? Did they give you alot of Info, Where you able to get all your questions answered, did they email you info????? I just want to prep my self, should I have questions wrote down, etc? This will be on Carnival, But Any help would be great.

Happy Cruising & Congrats Ladies :D

Before we even booked we asked many many questions. So I guess you could say that first phone call after we booked we knew everything. This was on Princes.

If you are talking about the first phone call before booking... then plan a heck of a list!!!

Before we even booked we asked many many questions. So I guess you could say that first phone call after we booked we knew everything. This was on Princes.

If you are talking about the first phone call before booking... then plan a heck of a list!!!

Will do. All thought I have been getting ALOT of questions Answer up here by just readind.. But I do have a few things that are on my list.. Thanks

Archived