Is It Zoom Bleaching?

pamwinn

Is the tooth whitening procedure they offer on soome of the ships called Zoom Whitening? I am trying to determine if this is the same procedure my husbands dentist offered him today for $500.00.

If it is, then that is a bargain price.

biggrin.gif.7757efa399798613adc0d6a9ed943118.gif

I saw no attachment, so don't know what the bargain price is. Teeth whitening is very popular now - and expensive - but I'm surprised they are offering it on the ships!

I saw no attachment, so don't know what the bargain price is. Teeth whitening is very popular now - and expensive - but I'm surprised they are offering it on the ships!

There was not much to see. The attachment was this. :D Except I made the teeth yellow. It does seem to be a strange thing to be offered on the ships. There was a thread here about it that says it is $195 for one or $175 pp if two do it. If it is the same Zoom Whitening that dentists do, then we are going to do it. Otherwise, I guess we are gooing to cough up the $500.00 pp that the cosmetic dentist here wants.

Even as a young child, I was not happy with the color of my teeth. When I lost my first pearly white front tooth, it was replaced by a GIANT yellow one with ridges on the bottom. :(

I dont remember what they were calling it but it wasnt Zoom

It was $199 on the Star Princess last month.

It involves gel and an ultra violet light and is supposed to guarantee a lightening of at least 4 shades whiter

A lot of the entertainment staff had had it done and the cruise director was really pushing it

They did have it as a prize for one of the Bingo games so some lucky person won it for $20

I was going to have it done however the day before I sat for dinner with a dentist who told me its not very good for your gums and can damage them

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Just got off the Grand where the tooth whitening was really being pushed. We spoke to the "tooth person" who told us that the treatment would lighten 2-4 shades depending on the degree of staining. She said the most important part of the process was the 2 week "at home" care that must follow the shipboard treatment which consisted of painting some chemicals on your teeth twice every day. For $199 (later to be on sale at $169) it was not a deal since it appeared to be just like the kits you can buy in the drugstore. This was not the Zoom treatment.

I just had the Zoom Whitening done by my dentist last week. I can't imagine it being done on a cruise ship. First, after I had it done, I was told not to drink any coffee, dark soft drinks, tea, stay away from ketcup, mustard, soy sauces, anything that could stain the teeth, for 48 hours. Once you have it done, it dehydrates the teeth and you have to be really careful what you eat until your teeth get their hydration back. Also, I had to sleep in these teeth cups that were specially made for me, with a whitening solution, for 3 nights. My teeth whitened 7 shades. They were very very very sensitive for days. I would wake up at night with sharp pains in my teeth. After a few days, they stopped that though. I am really happy with the results. If your dentist will do it for $500, that's great. It cost me $695.

Couldn't be the ZOOM, because of what the above poster said. I had it done for $500 and I highly recommend it. This was 3 years ago, and they've changed little in whiteness.

Archived