Any recent info on the rainforest aerial tram?

wwcruisers

We're stopping for a full day (8-5) in Dominica next March (Celebrity Equinox). Searching shore excursions here, and on Trip Adviser, I've seen several references to a rainforest tram excursion. However, there is nothing in X's list of shore excursions fitting that description. I read one review saying they did the tram as part of a private excursion with Bumping. When I pulled up Bumping's website, there is no mention of the aerial tram there either. Has anyone done this lately -- and if so, how the heck did you book it? Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully something new will come along. I think the ziplines may have taken some of the business they would have had, because zips are so popular now. I did an aerial tram in Costa Rica, and it was kind of boring.

• 1 month later...
The tram either recently closed or is closing soon after ten years. Not enough business.

We did the tram in April, and it was the best excursion we took on our trip. We truly loved it. What a shame it's closed down. Not everyone is into ziplining.

The company that operated the aerial tram on Dominica removed it from their website a month or so ago.

http://www.rainforestadventure.com

The same company operates the aerial tram on St. Lucia.

Before booking that excursion with Norwegian for Dominica, I would inquire.

I was never planning on booking it. I did just read a news article from June that said it was definitely closing down. Did someone forget to tell Norwegian?? That's pretty poor planning on their part if they don't keep up with this kind of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived