Barcelona - Aerobus to Hotel (Plaza Catalunya)

Next week we are flying into Barcelona and our hotel advised its cheap and easy to just take the Aerobus to Plaza Cataluyna to get to the hotel (Hotel Regina) from the airport. We are 2 adults and 2 teens each with a couple bags going on a cruise a day later. They said the Aerobus costs 6 Euro per person (24 Euro total). Does this seem the best plan or would you take a cab instead? Ive heard the cabs are small and we might need 2 to fit our luggage. Then again I wonder with the Bus, will we have to deal with the local pickpockets riding with us or is it just tourists from the airport, not like a local city bus? Finally, any idea what kind of walk from where they drop us off to the hotel?

We used the Aerobus when we stayed near Las Ramblas. It is not a local city bus.

Link to info on Aerobus:

http://www.castelldefels.com/aeroport/ingl/accesos_aeropuerto_taxi_bus4030.htm

We had no problems with pickpockets but all of our valuables were safely tucked away UNDER our clothing. We were warned about pickpockets riding the aerobus (as well as the metro, buses, airport, Las Ramblas, etc.) but, as previously stated, we had no problems whatsoever. We got off at Placa Cataluyna & walked the very short distance to the hotel...simple.

Your hotel is very close to Placa Cataluyna...you can "walk" the route on google maps using "street view".

However, you mentioned that you each had a couple of bags? If you can all easily manage your bags, the Aerobus would be fine. However, if managing your luggage is onerous, it might make more sense to take a taxi in your case.

Taxi: There is a supplement for the airport, cruise terminal, weekends, holidays, nights & for each bag. You can check-out current taxi rates & other pertinent info at:

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/tabid/3479/Default.aspx

I don't know if all of your luggage will fit in one taxi as I have no idea of their respective sizes. I would say that as a rule of thumb, if all of your luggage would fit into a NYC (or other US metro) cab, it will likely fit in the Barcelona cab.

Enjoy!

jill

Hi,

Dogs4fun`s information is excellent.... should be a sticky! :)

We were just N. West of the square at N H Calderon & could have easily taken the Aerobus. The Aerobus drop off is on the East side of Placa de Cataluyna. We arrived at BCN T2 & coming out, the Aerobus stop was to the left & taxi`s to the right. We should have used the bus however after all night flight, delays + one of the last to get our luggage, DH`s voted for a taxi.;). You will love the location of your hotel.

I have taken the Aerobus to Plaza Cataluyna many times from the airport. It is very easy and quick and a short walk to the hotels in the area. ( It took 8 minutes to walk to my hotel on Gran Via) As suggested I checked Google Maps and printed out the walking directions and photos of the street - what a great travel tool.

Marion

Archived