St. Johns,Reversing falls.July23

We will be in St. Johns Ca. July 23, 2012.Low tide is at 9:33am, High tide is at 3:42pm (15:42)."At St Martins station" What would be the best time to view the Reversing falls? How long dose the reverse effect go on for?

If we go on a Carnival tour that inclueds the reversing falls will they schedule the tour to be at that point at the right time??? We are thinking about doing the Carnivals,"10 Best things to see in St Johns tour" The tour ends at 3:00pm.(15:00), So if the reversing falls dose not happen until after 3:00pm,We will not be able to see it on the tour.I am thinking about renting a car and doing everything on our own. So can anyone tell me what would be the best time of the day to view the Reversing falls.:rolleyes:

We will be in St. Johns Ca. July 23, 2012.Low tide is at 9:33am, High tide is at 3:42pm (15:42)."At St Martins station" What would be the best time to view the Reversing falls? How long dose the reverse effect go on for?

If we go on a Carnival tour that inclueds the reversing falls will they schedule the tour to be at that point at the right time??? We are thinking about doing the Carnivals,"10 Best things to see in St Johns tour" The tour ends at 3:00pm.(15:00), So if the reversing falls dose not happen until after 3:00pm,We will not be able to see it on the tour.I am thinking about renting a car and doing everything on our own. So can anyone tell me what would be the best time of the day to view the Reversing falls.:rolleyes:

The Reversings Falls can really only be appreciated seeing it in the morning when you get off ship, and in the afternoon before you get back on ship. If you visit it once, it's just quite simply a small falls in one direction. Having said that, I don't suggest going out of your way to see it or plan your day around it as you will most likely be underwhelmed. The exception to this is if you take an adventure tour like zip lining above the falls or a jet boat ride through the falls. I would not spend the money on a Carnival tour if you just want to see the city. The local transit authority offers a 2.5 hour guided tour for $20 leaving close to the ship. Alternatively there is another tour provider locally at http://www.freedomtours.com ( highly recommended )

I would suggest only renting a car if you plan on going to St Martins to walk on the sea floor at low tide (most popular excursion in port). Saint John is a great place to just walk around - you can explore Barbours General Store, the historic city market or some historic churches you can walk right into. The area is rich in architecture and history (and it's all free). There are shops to explore also. In summary, most of what you'll want to see is right off the ship.

There is a new train/bus excursion in Saint John.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1651423

Check it out and have a great time!

Archived