Size of room safe on Star?

soprano

In the past we have only sailed with a small netbook or ipad, but on our upcoming Bermuda cruise, our daughter wants to bring along her 15" laptop. Does anyone who has been on the Star remember if full size laptops will fit in the room safe?

[quote name='soprano']In the past we have only sailed with a small netbook or ipad, but on our upcoming Bermuda cruise, our daughter wants to bring along her 15" laptop. Does anyone who has been on the Star remember if full size laptops will fit in the room safe?[/quote]

3 times on the Star and I am still guessing but I am pretty sure that it will not fit, maybe 10 inches at most.

[quote name='soprano']In the past we have only sailed with a small netbook or ipad, but on our upcoming Bermuda cruise, our daughter wants to bring along her 15" laptop. Does anyone who has been on the Star remember if full size laptops will fit in the room safe?[/quote]

I don't think so. You might want to bring a lock for your suitcase...keep it under the bed, put the laptop in it and lock it up. We've often cruised with the laptop and never found the need to lock it up....just put it out of site in a drawer, in case the cabin steward leaves the door open while cleaning... I wouldn't want anyone wandering in and taking it.

Archived