When is my Cabin Allocated ?

downundermatt

Am looking forward to my first QM2 cruise this September after many cruises on Celebrity. Made the final payment mid May and am still waiting for my Cabin to be assigned.

When do Cunard normally allocated Cabins, still nothing on my planner as yet ?

Thanks from Australia

Am looking forward to my first QM2 cruise this September after many cruises on Celebrity. Made the final payment mid May and am still waiting for my Cabin to be assigned.

When do Cunard normally allocated Cabins, still nothing on my planner as yet ?

Thanks from Australia

Hi downundermatt. I'm guessing that you booked a guarantee cabin? If so, your cabin can be assigned anytime, right up until the time you check-in upon boarding the ship.

But based on my personal experience, when I booked a guarantee cabin, the assignment was most often made approximately three weeks prior to boarding. I've heard that some get a cabin assignment, and then closer to voyage date get an 'upgrade'.

At the very least, you will get a cabin in the category you booked, and (in my experience) at least one category better. Ah...the sweet agony of waiting for that assignment! Hope it works out well for you!

Regards,

-S

Hi Downundermatt. We are on the QV on the 3rd October and like you, on a "guarantee" basis and we were allocated our stateroom yesterday, it is a one category upgrade from that we've paid for, but I understand that it may well be that we could be upgraded again nearer to the time of sailing.

Hope this helps, good luck and whatever - just enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

well we just got our cabin and we are chuffed ....

we booked the guarantee at the suggestion of our our agent being Cunard first timers, have gone from B1 to AA, which didn't mean much to me ....

Brittania Club level 12 here we come WOO HOO !!!!:D

well we just got our cabin and we are chuffed ....

we booked the guarantee at the suggestion of our our agent being Cunard first timers, have gone from B1 to AA, which didn't mean much to me ....

Brittania Club level 12 here we come WOO HOO !!!!:D

Congratulations, that's a great upgrade. I hear really good things about Britannia Club, I'm sure you're going to love it.

Last year I was allocated a stateroom once final payment was made on a guarantee and that was also the one that I ultimately occupied. For my sailing on Sunday however I had a specific cabin at booking, but the other day the Upgrade Fairy waved her wand!

Nobody has figured out how the Upgrade Fairy decides whom she will visit, and it's a sore point with many loyal passengers who have said that they have never received an upgrade. (Or at least not one they themselves considered meaningful.)

Archived