Marseille Hotel Choices Pre-Cruise

sabres2580

We are a family of 4 heading to Marseille to board the NCL Epic this August. I have heard that the cruise ships dock at either the MPCC (Marseille-Provence Cruise Center) or La Jolliette (sp?). I am guessing since the Epic is a larger ship, she would be docking at the MPCC. Does anyone know any hotels that are great for pre-cruise in the vicinity of the MPCC? Or even the neighborhood and area around it. Thank You!:D

I was just in Marseilles on a land trip. I'm not sure exactly where the ports are located, but we stayed at the Radisson Blu that is right on the harbor in the old port and it was quite nice and well located for walking around the area. Unfortunately there is a lot of construction around the harbor at the moment (to improve it), interfering with some of the views and sidewalks at street level.

http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-marseille

• 3 weeks later...

The Old Port is quite a long way from the cruise terminals. On the other hand, it's a much more interesting area. The cruise terminals are in a built up industrial strip (with lots of construction sites at the moment) -- there's nothing much to see there and the hotels are mostly standard chains such as the Ibis and Novotel.

Which area you go for really depends whether you would like to see something of the city or want the convenience of being near the ship. Some more info about the options: http://www.marseille-provence.info/marseille-marseilles/practical-information-travel-food-climate/254-where-to-stay-in-marseille.html

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tip. If we are a family of 4, flying in next summer for a ROyal Caribbean cruise, what do you suggest is our best option getting two and from the port? upon arrival we'd need transportation from the airport to the hotel and then again to the port next day and by return from the port direct to airport? We have two small children so we'd either need a shuttle bus in which we'd hold the children or hire a car service (which I hope would provide carseats?) any recommendations? Also, what is the best hotel which is near the port which would suit us?

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

We're a group of 3 (me, wife and 2 year daughter) and are in a similar situation: we arrive the day before to Marseille airport.

What do you think is our best option. We've been to Marseille before so we don't need to be in city center. Just looking for a effective way to get to ship.

Thank you for your input.

Archived