Grandeur JS 7150 question

The current deck plans show this JS 7150 to be the port side aft corner JS on Deck 7. We have this stateroom reserved for summer of 2013.

I cannot select the choice on the RCI website that shows the deck plans for 2013-2014. I am scared to pieces that after they reassign cabin numbers, we will be in a surprise stateroom and not in the aft corner room.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Leslie

I guess what I am asking is - is anyone able on their computer to select and actually see the alternate deck plans. Nothing loads on my macbook. The webpage comes up, but there is nothing there where the actual drawing of the deck with staterooms should be.

I don't understand why the deck plans would change after April of 2013. The ship just recently got out of dry dock, no?

Thanks~

Leslie

I have this cabin booked for less than two weeks time. I booked it specifically for the sailaway from Venice and had a slight panic when I read about the Rhapsody cabin changes.

However, having seen the deck plans there are no changes to the numbers on deck 7 - does this link work for you http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/decks/GR/2012-may/gr_deck07_v2012_May.pdf

Thanks you guys!

There is that other thread going that has Grandeur in its title but it morphed into talking about the Rhapsody, so I read that and got confused and then panicked that I had booked some plain JS on the side of the ship.

I hope that we are safe because the only JSs on Deck 7 are on the aft end.

I can see the deck plan in the link, but there is nothing clearly reassuring on the drawing that says that this is the deck plan for 2013-2014. I sure hope all is well.

I would phone Royal Caribbean, but the representatives manning the phones only go on what their computers can tell them, really.

Yes, crossing fingers......

Leslie

Just to reassure you - this is the deck plan since the refurbishment, so can't change from now onwards. Prior to that the newly created mid-ship cabins (7082-88 and 7582-88) were lounges. In any case the problems on the Rhapsody were only on deck 8.

On the old deck plans they already had a gap in cabin numbers on deck 7 - i.e. the cabin numbers went from 7080 to 7090 (with lounges in between) which meant that they could put in new cabins without causing a problem

However on deck 8 the numbering went from 8038 to 8040 (with lounges in between) which meant that when the new cabins were added and they followed on in numbering, this had a knock-on effect on Rhapsody which caused the problems.

They've solved this on Grandeur by making the new cabins odd-numbered, using numbers which weren't previously cabin numbers, so the numbering on the outside now goes 8038,37,39,41,43,40 - confusing, but ultimately solves the Rhapsody problem.

Hope that all makes sense :D

Archived