Chef's Table?

Cindy

They don't have a Chef's table like Princess. They have special dinners in the Pinnacle that you can book onboard.

And they are wonderful! Highly recommended and well worth the cost ($65 or $70?) IMO if you like wine of course because that represents the majority of the cost.

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- there was a Chef's Dinner -- a little different. It was held in the special back room of the Pinnacle. And it was $89.

On some of the other ships they will have a Cellar Masters dinner and/or another dinner similar to the chef's dinner. Usually limited to 12 people. This is so that they will only use part of the Pinnacle and the other part will remain open for regular dinners. They are $89.

If you are interested -- you need to sign up for it on Embarkation day -- at the Pinnacle.

Here is a thread about one of the dinners:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1597331

They don't have a Chef's table like Princess. They have special dinners in the Pinnacle that you can book onboard.

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- there was a Chef's Dinner -- a little different. It was held in the special back room of the Pinnacle. And it was $89.

On some of the other ships they will have a Cellar Masters dinner and/or another dinner similar to the chef's dinner. Usually limited to 12 people. This is so that they will only use part of the Pinnacle and the other part will remain open for regular dinners. They are $89.

If you are interested -- you need to sign up for it on Embarkation day -- at the Pinnacle.

Here is a thread about one of the dinners:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1597331

You have to sign up when you first board, make it your first priority if you like a 5-7 course tasting menu with wine pairings.

Thanks! I'll definitely look into this when we board and see if they are offering a special dinner on our cruise. We love long "wine-y" dinners, and I thought it might be a really nice way to celebrate our anniversary.

Hi Cindy

I just looked at your signature. I see that will you be on the Noordam in November. On our November cruises last November we had an odd situation where the main cellar master left when we got on -- so that dinner was cancelled. The ship had a temperary cellar master for the first 10 days and he left to go home. The next 11 days we had another new cellar master -- promoted from wine steward who knew absolutly nothing. And once again the dinner was cancelled.

I hope you have better luck on your cruise

Happy Anniversary!!

Does HAL have a Chef's Table, and if so how would I make a reservation? Do they take reservations in advance, or would I have to do it once I got on the ship? Thanks!:)

You know I have seen them but primarily on the longer cruises, not so much on the seven day.

We did this in April 2011 on Nieuw Amsterdam and it was incredible. The staff was amazingly accommodating considering I won't eat mushrooms and my partner won't eat veal. I was able to get the Pinnacle Grill french onion soup and he was able to substitute the 10oz Pinnacle filet mignon for the veal chop. The meal was so amazing, even down to the details in how the tea and coffee were served at the end, and the Versace china that was different for each course was beautiful.

Hi Cindy

I just looked at your signature. I see that will you be on the Noordam in November. On our November cruises last November we had an odd situation where the main cellar master left when we got on -- so that dinner was cancelled. The ship had a temperary cellar master for the first 10 days and he left to go home. The next 11 days we had another new cellar master -- promoted from wine steward who knew absolutly nothing. And once again the dinner was cancelled.

I hope you have better luck on your cruise

Happy Anniversary!!

I hope so too!:)

We did this in April 2011 on Nieuw Amsterdam and it was incredible. The staff was amazingly accommodating considering I won't eat mushrooms and my partner won't eat veal. I was able to get the Pinnacle Grill french onion soup and he was able to substitute the 10oz Pinnacle filet mignon for the veal chop. The meal was so amazing, even down to the details in how the tea and coffee were served at the end, and the Versace china that was different for each course was beautiful.

We had that dinner on our Noordam 2011 cruise. I posted the menu on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500110 (see post number 9). It was incredible !

And by the way our Noordam cruise was the best we ever had !

This is the kind of meal I'm looking for, so I hope the Noordam has one on our sailing. If not, I'm sure a regular Pinnacle meal will be delightful!

The Noordam should have one.

We were just caught with the original cellar master going home for vacation, the new cellar master was only on for 10 days and didn't have time to set up the dinner and then he left to go home for vacation.

On the second leg of the cruise we went to the Navigator's Wine tasting and this cellar master introduced himself and explained he had just been promoted. He talked about nothing as he should have for the wine tasting. He rushed so fast through it and never really explained out to check your wines, swirl the wines, taste on your tongue -- what to look for -- the whole thing was over in about 20 minutes. He also appologized that there wouldn't be a wine dinner as he was just getting use to his new position and still had a lot to learn.

The Noordam should have one.

We were just caught with the original cellar master going home for vacation, the new cellar master was only on for 10 days and didn't have time to set up the dinner and then he left to go home for vacation.

On the second leg of the cruise we went to the Navigator's Wine tasting and this cellar master introduced himself and explained he had just been promoted. He talked about nothing as he should have for the wine tasting. He rushed so fast through it and never really explained out to check your wines, swirl the wines, taste on your tongue -- what to look for -- the whole thing was over in about 20 minutes. He also appologized that there wouldn't be a wine dinner as he was just getting use to his new position and still had a lot to learn.

He certainly did have a lot to learn, since that's part of "Tasting 101!":rolleyes:

Archived