Excursions sold out?

E&B

We have already booked all the excursions we're planning on taking (FOS 8/19/12), but I wasn't thrilled with the time we ended up with for the snorkling excursion in Grand Caymen. So, I just went in to see if by chance anything had opened up for an earlier time. I'm noticing very few excursions available for Grand Cayman, nothing left for Falmouth, and only 1 available for Cozumel. Do that many excursions really sell out with more than two months to go? I realize they probably hold some for boking on the ship, but just wondering (and thinking I'm very glad I'm a person who books really early).

E&B you got me all paranoid! We just frantically booked our excursions. The ones we wanted weren't sold out, I guess it depends on what you plan to do.

I remember there being an issue with excursions when we went to Alaska and many being sold out.

E&B you got me all paranoid! We just frantically booked our excursions. The ones we wanted weren't sold out, I guess it depends on what you plan to do.

I remember there being an issue with excursions when we went to Alaska and many being sold out.

That's weird. I looked this morning and also just now and I'm seeing NOTHING available for Falmouth and only the Beach Break at Playa Mia in Cozumel. Were you able to book something in those ports?

I think that so far, we have had the most fun on excursions we booked separately from RCI. On a past M&M we had a guy (yo Steve, ya out there) who put together an outstanding tour of St. Maarten. We have a couple tours being organized on another M&M. You might consider doing the same.

I don't think all the excursions necessarily show up online all the time. When we were on FOS, we decided on a last minute excursion. Went on the TV to book, and it wasn't listed. I had assumed it was sold out, but stopped by the excursion desk on our way to dinner just to check if there were any last minute cancellations. Surprisingly, there were still quite a few spaces left on the excursion and had no trouble booking...

On our recent cruise several of the most popular excursions were sold out on the web a few weeks ahead. Someone on roll call called and found out they were holding some spots for onboard booking. (Probably a good thing as everyone does not do these things for themselves and it would not be good PR to have nothing for onboard purchase). Our friend followed the advice given and went straight to shore excursions after boarding and got the ones he wanted. (My experience with Celebrity in Australia was different....We booked ahead and got what we wanted but our German tablemates got literally nothing as everything sold out.)

You know, I think the rccl website is just showing me what's available for the "free" time I have in port and does take into consideration what I've already booked. Our Grand Caymen excursion is later in the day and all that's showing up there is the 8:30am excursions.

Archived