Chileno Bay with kids in late June

LAdad

Just booked a private land tour to San Jose and one of the glass blowing factories, on the way to San Jose we will ask the guide to deviate from his route so we can spend 1-3 hours at Chileno beach playing in the sand and maybe snorkling if water temperature permits.

Has anyone gone to Chileno beach in late June (on a Thursday from 10-12, maybe :o)? Luckilly, we'll be there after the G20 summit.

I've read that there is a Cabo Aquadeportes store there that rents some equipment for snorkling etc. Do you know if they rent umbrellas/ sand toys/ chairs in case we are not able to find an empty palapa and don't want to bring all of this stuff onto the ship? (I don't even know if we are allowed to bring this stuff onto the Carnival Splendor.)

I've read that June water can still be pretty cold in Los Cabos, right?

I'll bring my own toilet paper and tell my kids to hold their nose in the bathrooms.

Any other suggestions for Chileno beach? We just want to spend a couple of hours there in case access to this bay gets restricted due to the resort that is being built near there in the future. Any thoughts, including snorkling suggestions, are truly appreciated?

I don't know what parents of little kids on vacations did before Cruise Critic! They probably just bugged their Travel Agent :D!

Archived