Esctasy 5 Day Review [ pics! ]

purplemusik

Way cool about the butterfly conservatory!! Was that a Carnival excursion or did you book independently? My wife and I were with my in-laws and some family friends and they wanted to do a pub crawl (yuck :() so that's what we did. We are going on the Valor in September and we stop at Key West. We are pretty excited to see Key West from a non-drunk, pub-crawl setting. I'd like to go to the Southernmost Point and the Conservatory also looks way cool!

And thank you for writing this review! I had to go back to work today and it was a real bummer. My heart is still on the Ecstasy right now and reading your review and looking at the pictures we took really make it feel like we are still there. And I really want a cheeseburger or some Mongolian from Lido!!

Edited by djcass4199

Thanks for all the photos. Man, that's a lot of neon! :p

I've always thought Fantasy is the most hideously-decorated ship. I swear Farcus was having a bad acid trip flashback when he designed it, but I don't think she even has THAT much neon!!

LOL. But i don't cruise for the ship decor.

And I don't really have a problem with Nassau or Freeport. But I don't hang around the port area very much, either. I normally try to find independent excursions and get out there and see/do things. But I've been to Nassau several times.

I actually enjoy standing up on deck and watching the ships load/unload in Freeport. I'd rather do that than have cruiseline-built dock areas full of tacky tourist traps and overpriced Americanized bars/restaurants.

Believe me, I didn't book a B2B on Ecstasy just to get to stop in Freeport and Nassau twice in 9 days! But the stop at Half Moon Cay will make it all worthwhile. It's just what I could work out with the people joining me. It isn't the ideal cruise, but it will be fun. I'll make sure of that!

Anyway, thanks again. Enjoyed your comments and photos.

Thank you so much -it's definatly hard. I'm sorry for your loss as well.

The ship was not dirty [ in fact, cleaner then the Inspiration I went on in Sept ] just that room thing...ugh.

I would cruise the ship again but I wouldn't look TO book it, if that makes sense. Good deal on a cruise and I'd def do it- 110% or a good itenirary and I'm THERE buuuuuut it wouldn't be my first choice.

gotcha, we'll put it on to-do list when we can work in a half moon cay visit. Digging around to book something 5 or 6 nights, lots of research to do lol thanks for the info!

Edited by keishashadow

Way cool about the butterfly conservatory!! Was that a Carnival excursion or did you book independently? My wife and I were with my in-laws and some family friends and they wanted to do a pub crawl (yuck :() so that's what we did. We are going on the Valor in September and we stop at Key West. We are pretty excited to see Key West from a non-drunk, pub-crawl setting. I'd like to go to the Southernmost Point and the Conservatory also looks way cool!

We booked on the ship. I do both usually but when I saw the prices for the trolley and the butterfly seperate- it was almost the same so I thought," what the heck?" I'm so glad I did though because we ended up "parked" on the Navy base so we couldn't just walk off and into the city... you had to grab a train thing to juuuust outside the base and they'd drop you off then you'd have to walk several blocks into the city. So it was quite a bit [ walking distance for some ] difference then if we parked in the usual port. It would've taken us much longer to do it seperate so I was happy about that.

Thanks for all the photos. Man, that's a lot of neon! :p

I've always thought Fantasy is the most hideously-decorated ship. I swear Farcus was having a bad acid trip flashback when he designed it, but I don't think she even has THAT much neon!!

LOL. But i don't cruise for the ship decor.

And I don't really have a problem with Nassau or Freeport. But I don't hang around the port area very much, either. I normally try to find independent excursions and get out there and see/do things. But I've been to Nassau several times.

I actually enjoy standing up on deck and watching the ships load/unload in Freeport. I'd rather do that than have cruiseline-built dock areas full of tacky tourist traps and overpriced Americanized bars/restaurants.

Believe me, I didn't book a B2B on Ecstasy just to get to stop in Freeport and Nassau twice in 9 days! But the stop at Half Moon Cay will make it all worthwhile. It's just what I could work out with the people joining me. It isn't the ideal cruise, but it will be fun. I'll make sure of that!

Anyway, thanks again. Enjoyed your comments and photos.

We haven't been to Half Moon Cay yet! Ugh!!!!

When I boarded Elation, I was rather surprised that the colors weren't nearly as 70s as Fantasy. And I think Fascination is fairly "calm" in comparison, too!

But they're all very similar. I love this class of ships. I feel sort of like Goldilocks - they're not too large and not too small. They're just right! :D

OP, come join me on my 1st leg in November. HMC awaits!

• 2 years later...