best place for first time scuba

bingo*

Some of us wants try scuba diving for the first time, we are going to cozumel, belieze,roatan and cayman island

which one of the island will be the best for first time scuba? and also is it better to do the excursion with carnival ? thinking about going to the chankanaab park in conzumel do anyone know if there is any scuba places inside the park itself? is scuba expensive in all of these island? and how safe are scuba diving with outside company?

Thanks for any info:) teenages and adult

I've recently accompanied dd on discovery dives in Cayman and Cozumel - I've been certified for 40 years and have been a fairly active diver all that time with my last dive just a few weeks ago.

I booked on my own with Sunset House in CG, and went ship's excursion in Coz

The Cayman experience was better - no comparison other than cost - it did end up costing a few bucks more since I had to roll my own for transportation. I've been diving at Sunset for 20 years or so and they continue to be one of my most recommended operations. 2 students to an instructor and shore diving on one of the best sites on the island. and free to stay and use the facilities after the dive.

you won't find a discovery on their price list but shoot them an e-mail and they respond quickly

dd finally got certified a few weeks ago - did the PADI e-learning course followed by 2 days of pool and boat dives in Key Largo. For a congrat's dive we did the big tank in EPCOT!

disneydivetwo.png

• 2 months later...

I would NOT recommend Roatan for a novice (booked via Carnival). The dive was fine, no problem with the crew EXCEPT the water was so choppy it was a miracle that nobody got knocked out by the ladder bobbing in and out of the water. It has been my experience that a reputable dive operator will either find a better location or cancel the dive.

I've never experienced that at Roatan, but have been in choppy water elsewhere. Ladder climbing is another skill that new divers have to master. I think Roatan would be a great place for a beginner diver. It was one of my first places to dive after being certified and I had a great time.

The only place I wouldn't recommend for a beginner is Cozumel due to the drift diving.

Cozumel was my first discover dive. I went through Scuba Tony. He was great. It was my husband and I with the dive master. DH couldn't pop his ears and ended up making him sick so he went back to the boat, we did the whole reef area we where in and he offered to go to another place since I had enough air, but with DH not feeling so hot, we decided against it.

Some of us wants try scuba diving for the first time, we are going to cozumel, belieze,roatan and cayman island

which one of the island will be the best for first time scuba? and also is it better to do the excursion with carnival ? thinking about going to the chankanaab park in conzumel do anyone know if there is any scuba places inside the park itself? is scuba expensive in all of these island? and how safe are scuba diving with outside company?

Thanks for any info:) teenages and adult

Hands down it's GC. i would do a "discover scuba" course with Sunset House or with Ocean Frontiers. The ships tend to charter with Red Sail which runs more of a cattle call operation and I don't think it would be a good first experience.. There are some scuba huts at Chankanaab, but I don't think they do beginners. Definitely snorkel at all the other stops. Enjoy your trip

Archived