breeze inaugural can't call on livorno

H82seaUgo

Heald is getting it from folks with private excursions booked today in Livorno that can't rebook their private excursions and can't get a refund and folks that are upset about missing Marseilles. Bad day on the open seas.

Hugh in Dallas

And JH will still say, "even with todays port landing mixup, it was still a "brilliant" day!!!

And JH will still say, "even with todays port landing mixup, it was still a "brilliant" day!!!

And that's such a bad thing - darn all of those positive people in the world who see the cup as half full instead of half empty! :rolleyes: (placing eye rolling smiley here to ensure that everyone can read the sarcasm dripping from my voice).

I don't think anyone is arguing about that. But I wonder how a snafu like this happens?

I think they made the right decision to sail around in circles today and go in tomorrow. I'd probably be really bummed to miss this port. I wouldn't care if they skipped Monaco and did Marseille instead however.

Hugh in Dallas

Must have been the same person who was in charge of The Dream's inaugural cruise out of Port Canaveral when no one bothered to check and see if The Dream would fit at the assigned port site in San Juan. Not a happy ship, especially for those onboard who had family members and spouses waving at the ship from the shoreline, as we sailed on out for another "fun day at sea." :(

Once scenario I considered is that the port was trying to extort more money from Carnival and Carnival flipped them off.

I think Livorno is the best port of the 3.

They are getting in. Just not the day planned.

I agree with you on that port. It might be the best on this trip. Other then Athens.

Hugh in Dallas

Archived