Today was my lucky day

Newbie41

I'm not cruising until 2013, but booked last week because I received an advertisement from my travel agent saying that booking fees were being waived for past customers. I wanted an aft wrap cabin, and booked one but had to book under the fun select rate. My travel agent told me the cabin I wanted wasn't available under the past guest rate, and if I wanted to book under the early saver rate I had to pay the full deposit. She also advised me that this cabin category is never sold under the past guest rate, and that once I pay the deposit I could have my booking moved to the early saver rate. So I went ahead and booked. Today when I went on Carnival's website to check the rates this cabin category was available under the past guest rate, so I called the travel agent. When the travel agent called carnival they told her that this categoy is not available under the past guest rate and that it was a glitch in their system. I was persistent and wanted this new rate. Eventually they gave in so I saved $195 today. Yay. More money for DOD's and shopping on the islands.

I am with golf. What your TA is telling you is not true. All cabin categories SHOULD be available under Past Guest rates. They just don't pick and choose.

Glad you stuck to it and I am very happy you got the rate. Next time, before you book with this TA, I would price it out online first... and then call them. I promise you will find that all categories will fall under past guest rates.

I think those of you that said this is a bunch of malarky about not being able to book this under the past guest rate are correct. My TA said Carnival told her there was a glitch in their system and this category cannot be booked under the past guest rate. That was yesterday, and I just checked Carnival's website andy you could still book this cabin category under the past guest rate. Don't you think if it truly was a glitch in their system they would have fixed it by now.

Archived