Assistance Needed - Mexican Rivera & Costa Rica

There is so much wonderful knowledge on this board and I know many of you don't look at the Port Boards regularly so I am going to ask for your vast experience in planning my next cruise.

I would like to know what excursions you took in these ports (through ship or on your own) and what you liked and did not like. I'd love to know if you think we should concentrate on a water activity (snorkeling or beach) or do tours of the town or surrounding area. Is there one "don't miss" activity or site that should be done? If you remember a particular tour operator you used I'd love to know that also.

So . . . please remember your great (and not so great) experiences in the following ports and let me know your experience. Thank you so much!

Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Huatulco, and Puntarenas THANKS!

Everywhere I've read they say whale watching is in November -- We'll be there on October 25. I wonder if the whales know what day it will be. Do you think we'd see any?

That's really early, December-February is best, although there's a good chance you'll be able to see them from the ship while you're in the Pacific off California...

Acapulca

We went to see the Cliff Divers. There are plenty of cabs when you get off the ship. We had a nice tour of Acapulca. We went out to the Princess hotel, and made stops for lots of photo ops. We then saw the Cliff drivers. The taxi driver took care of everything and got us a great table in the shade at the hotel.

Cabo

We were there in Oct and it was hotter than Hades, over 100 degrees. We got a cab to the Glass factory and saw the glass blowers. We then went to Cabo Wabo. This is a big tourist trap. There were a million flies in the courtyard and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Walking more than a block or two was horrible because of the heat. We found a nice bar with a great view and lots of fans near the area where the boats are that take you to Lands End. Margaritas were better and less $$ than Cabo Wabo.

Many people went out to Lands End.

Archived