Carnival Magic Galveston 6-17/24

Going on Carnival Magic out of Galveston 6-17/24. Frequent crusier never on Dream though.

----We are talking about eating at Steakhouse one night. Any reviews would be helpful. How would you compare the Del Friscos/Ruth chris if experience at both. Any recommendations.

--- What are these rum runners i keep hearing about?

--- Is there adult only pool in back of ship, and is it free of kids? Past crusies kids have been back there and was not pleasant with all the spalshing.

--- Would love to hear any other experiences/suggestions

Going on Carnival Magic out of Galveston 6-17/24. Frequent crusier never on Dream though.

----We are talking about eating at Steakhouse one night. Any reviews would be helpful. How would you compare the Del Friscos/Ruth chris if experience at both. Any recommendations.

--- What are these rum runners i keep hearing about?

--- Is there adult only pool in back of ship, and is it free of kids? Past crusies kids have been back there and was not pleasant with all the spalshing.

Steak House is fantastic. $30pp the first night and comes with a complimentary bottle of wine. $35pp all other nights and no complimentary wine. I don't know that I would say it's on par with Del Frisco's or Flemming's...but it's pretty da## good.

Aft pool is NOT kids free. Only the Sancturary area is and although we didn't use this area last week, I don't believe it has a pool. Only two hot tubs.

Rum Runners are what the smuggelers use to get their alcohol on board without detection. They are plastic and when packed within the checked bags, normally get through. All other "possible" red flag items should not be in the bag because if something else shows up and they open the bag, your rum runner will be confiscated and probably thrown out.

My husband and I will be on the same cruise.

We booked the steakhouse for Wednesday night. I've seen tons of good reviews on here.

We are super excited as it is our first cruise.

I've learned so much from reading these boards...every day:)

Just got back on the 10th.

Do the Steakhouse. Well worth the small price. Expect a 5 course meal and get the cheesecake.

The Serenity area (Adults Only) is on the 15th deck at the front of the ship. Only hot tubs no pool.

We used shambooze and got a gallon of Crown on board with no issues at all. Packed in our carry on's with other liquids.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeusry/sets/72157628129712752/

Here are some pics of the ship I took. Our travel agent invited us to the inaugural in Galveston. Last minute decision, and we jumped!

Archived