QV-Britannia Seating

KruiserKat

We will be traveling on the QV and due to my hearing problem require a table for 2, preferably against a window. Would we do better on Deck 2 or 3?

Any pictures, seating plans, or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Your table will be assigned to you and when you board there will be a card in your cabin advising the table number. If you are not happy with it you can speak to the Maitre d' at around 2 or 3pm and request a change. Upper or lower areas are both fine.

We tried Britannia for the first time in May and was told we were assigned to the "naughty corner". We loved it as there were about 5 or 6 tables for 2. 3 of them were along the window and 2 or 3 along a curved wall area. Ann-Marie was our main waitress who was very fast and lovely with it. Very friendly lady and very efficient.

We preferred this area as it was a lot quieter than the other main areas and felt a little more exclusive. However, if you like to see what's going on in the main restaurant, you are cut off so will only see those few tables for 2 and a couple of 6's or 8's further up.

I think the table numbers are something like 301-308.

You may prefer to be more in the thick of things but we we really liked this area. We were on 303 and didn't get the window, we actually got the corner on the curve but felt it was nice and sufficiently far enough from the table of 2 who had the window to either strike up a conversation if you wished or not, if you didn't.

This area is on the lower level of the Britannia restaurant.

Hope this helps.

We booked our QV May/June cruise about 3 months prior with a request for a table of 2. When we got aboard, we informed about our table number (no indication then whether it was a table for 2). When we got to our table at the first dinner, we discovered that we were assigned a table for 4. I remembered there was a note in the newsletter that they were no longer entertaining any change requests to accommodate those wanting a table for 2. We did not put this to a test and accepted our table assignment. It turned out well, as the other couple were excellent dining companions. However, the strange thing is that we later heard there was at least one couple that wanted to sit with companions and were assigned a table for 2! There certainly is quite a number of table for 2's. on the QV....at least on deck 2.

We booked our QV May/June cruise about 3 months prior with a request for a table of 2. When we got aboard, we informed about our table number (no indication then whether it was a table for 2). When we got to our table at the first dinner, we discovered that we were assigned a table for 4. I remembered there was a note in the newsletter that they were no longer entertaining any change requests to accommodate those wanting a table for 2. We did not put this to a test and accepted our table assignment. It turned out well, as the other couple were excellent dining companions. However, the strange thing is that we later heard there was at least one couple that wanted to sit with companions and were assigned a table for 2! There certainly is quite a number of table for 2's. on the QV....at least on deck 2.

Actually, we have found that the space between these 2-tops and the adjacent tables is so small that, in many cases, you may as well be on a 4 or a 6 anyway. I always try to get a 2 because I can't bear the thought of inflicting my disgusting table manners, and lack of social graces on total strangers, but it doesn't always work out that way.

J

Actually, we have found that the space between these 2-tops and the adjacent tables is so small that, in many cases, you may as well be on a 4 or a 6 anyway. I always try to get a 2 because I can't bear the thought of inflicting my disgusting table manners, and lack of social graces on total strangers, but it doesn't always work out that way.

J

That small space is often enough! Like you, we do not want to inflict unnecessary distress to any fellow passengers. We've always had success with other lines requesting a table for 2...except for once on Princess when there was 3 of us and now Cunard. The problem is that we keep making more friends.

J

Don't know if you've ever noticed, but there's a lone table for two almost behind a pillar in the far corner of Britannia on QV; that's the one we got a couple of years ago. Just to make sure we hadn't imagined its isolation, we made a nostalgic pilgrimage to it a couple of weeks ago.

They must have heard about our boring conversation/dreadful table manners/appalling dress sense/lack of visual appeal.

Mary

Don't know if you've ever noticed, but there's a lone table for two almost behind a pillar in the far corner of Britannia on QV; that's the one we got a couple of years ago. Just to make sure we hadn't imagined its isolation, we made a nostalgic pilgrimage to it a couple of weeks ago.

They must have heard about our boring conversation/dreadful table manners/appalling dress sense/lack of visual appeal.

Mary

We had that table for lunch once this time on QV and a couple of times at a similar table on Holland America's Zuiderdam (similar ship to QV). Colloquially referred to as the "Honeymooners' table". That would be our dream table!

We had that table for lunch once this time on QV and a couple of times at a similar table on Holland America's Zuiderdam (similar ship to QV). Colloquially referred to as the "Honeymooners' table". That would be our dream table!

The area vibrates somewhat! I liked the table and, having had the opportunity to size up the surrounding couples from afar, we did manage to get friendly with an elderly couple who we have kept in touch with; in fact, they're coming to stay at the weekend. That's the joy of tables for two.

I think you may have been on the Fjords and North Cape cruise leaving on 22 May? If so, sorry we missed you.

Mary

The area vibrates somewhat! I liked the table and, having had the opportunity to size up the surrounding couples from afar, we did manage to get friendly with an elderly couple who we have kept in touch with; in fact, they're coming to stay at the weekend. That's the joy of tables for two.

I think you may have been on the Fjords and North Cape cruise leaving on 22 May? If so, sorry we missed you.

Mary

We've only eaten at that table during lunchtime when the ship was docked, so missed out on the vibration fun. I suspect my wife would have not been so happy with that aspect!

Yes, we were on that Fjord cruise. We certainly had great weather imo. Warm if not hot at the beginning and appropriately near freezing near the North Cape....used every bit of our cold weather wardrobe that we packed. Little rain except in Tromso... We enjoyed our first Cunard cruise! Cheers.

Archived