thank you everyone for your help here is my review

028snowball

just want to say thank you to everyone on here for all your help i wrote this as a review but for some reason there is an error and wont let me post it so thought id put it here for all to read

Me my husband my one year old daughter and my mother have just returned from the island escapes glitz and glamour cruise this was our first cruise and had got a good deal for a cruise and stay. We were not too sure what to expect after reading some reviews on here but we were pleasantly surprised we had an inside cabin with fold down bunks our first reaction was to laugh to be honest as it was small and very like our caravan although the room was outdated it was very clean and the housekeeper keila must have cleaned it at least twice a day changing towels etc and making animals for my daughter which she loved. The only thing i would change would be i would definitely upgrade to have a window as you do not know if it is day or night in the cabin. We were on deck 6 so ate in the island restaurant each night the staff were excellent and even asked us what time we were eating the following night to keep us a seat by the window for our daughter. The staff in this restaurant in particular really go out of there way to please you. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed it all there was reports of illness on the boat but thankfully we never experienced this and sanitised our hands everywhere we went. we spent our days at sea around the pool (which was freezing) although it was very busy we managed to get sunbeds each day the pool itself is quite small but no one was really in it as the water was freezing we went to the pool party on the first night and the entertainment staff were very good and getting the crowd going they also had a jubilee party which was very entertaining. The other nights we went to the sports bar i didnt really like it as it had no atmosphere, the pub was good but a bit too loud for a one year old trying to sleep, the bounty lounge was good and had on different entertainment the other bar not sure of its name at the back of the boat seemed very quiet but it did have a disco that started at 11.30 but you couldnt bring children so we didnt get trying it out. we done excursions to rome,florence,monaco and barcelona we found these to be good value but maybe next time we would not do as many and just relax more around the ports as you have to get on the bus at 8am and getting a one year old organised we were up before 7am each morning to go. we had got a free upgrade to all inclusive on our drinks package and we certainly took advantage of this drinking a cocktail or 2 by the pool each day all and all we would do this cruise again and definitely recommend a weeks stay in majorca afterwards to help you recover:)

Sooo glad you got back to us with your review. You'd be surprised at how many people are never heard from again. Overboard maybe?

Glad you had a good time and I can recommend having a window (not just a porthole). It makes all the difference having natural light to see by.:)

Jan

Hi snowball

Many thanks for the review. Me and the other half are going in August for our first time and some of the reviews have been a little scary.

Glad to hear you had a great time and even managed a cocktail or two. A girl after my own heart ;-)

Rol on August woo woo

Thanks RR? I will do my damedest to enjoy after all a holiday is what you make of it and with the AI I am sure I will enjoy all of the IE.

Hope you enjoy your break and meeting up with the rest of the cruise critic gangband look forward to reading all about it on your return.

Cheers

Zena :p

Archived