Silver Moon is amazing!

jayhjay

I know this has been said many times before, but having just gotten back from our cruise, I must say that Silver Moon was amazing. I would go back to Barbados just to sail with them again. Luxury all the way, gorgeous boat, friendly crew, delicious food. It was like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous! Best excursion we went on by far. Definitely look into this trip if you are going to Barbados. It was fabulous.

we're taking the southern route this december and are already booked on the silvermoon. there are 8 of us so we're the majority of people on the boat. could you tell me where else you went and what else you did? we're already booked at pineapple beach in antigua but need some help with st. mataan and st. lucia

I have been reading raves about this boat. Can you tell me one thing, They pick us up at 11. Is there time to go to town shopping prior to the pickup?

I love Barbados and want to shop a little but the cruise is 5 hours long.

Ok spill your guts start from pick up to drop off and tell us what you did and saw and the timing.

Will be on the cruise in June

We went on the Silver Moon during April, 2005. We took a short free shuttle bus from right in front of where our ship, the Serenade of the Seas, was docked and were dropped off right at the cruise terminal building (some people walked the distance). There were a variety of shops right in the terminal. We were told by Ocean Adventures who owns the Silver Moon to meet them at 10:30 right in front of the terminal. We were transported by an air conditioned bus to the Silver Moon. The catamaran ride lasted until 4:00 and we were returned to the cruise terminal by bus again by around 4:15 at the latest so we were back on board the cruise ship in plenty of time for it's 5:00 last call to board the ship for departure at 5:30. The Silver Moon is a first class operation and everything went very smoothly. It was our favorite excursion of any of the 6 cruises which we have taken. Enjoy. In my own humble opinion, I wouldn't bother trying to go shopping in an area far from the terminal before going on the Silver Moon because you would probably feel too rushed. I have no idea what time the stores open or close. Good luck with your trip.

CruzObsessed - You asked what else we did, so here is the list (Serenade of the Seas, btw): St. Thomas - Rumbaba Day Sail; St. Martin - Private tour with Joyce Prince (see my review on St. Martin page); St. Lucia - we stayed in and shopped, hung out by the pool b/c we were tired; Antigua - Paddles Kayak; Barbados - Silver Moon

Marys350's description is pretty similar to ours so I won't repeat it. I don't think there is much extra time in the am unless you are a really early riser. It starts at 11, but pick up was at 10:30 from the pier. By the time we took the shuttle from the ship to the terminal and then got to their pickup area, it was already 10:30 at which time they took us to the boat. So I think it is pretty much an all day thing. So worth it though.

Beverlyhamilton,

When in June will you be on the Silver Moon? We (6 of us) will be on the Silver Moon on June 22. We're on the 12 passengers catamaran.

This is one organization that is on the ball.

Sailed with them this Year in Jan and since booked again on a cruise which stops at Barbados I said lets do it again. Sent an e-mail checking availability for Jan 21st/06 and no problem as got response within 2 hours. Today got my confirmation which requires a deposit. Not bad all done in 2 days and no waiting. There was a previous forum on this excusion who had problems with bookings but none right now.

Now I need 10 others to join me.

That may be tougher... :rolleyes:

we're taking the southern route this december and are already booked on the silvermoon. there are 8 of us so we're the majority of people on the boat. could you tell me where else you went and what else you did? we're already booked at pineapple beach in antigua but need some help with st. mataan and st. lucia

When in December are you sailing? I just posted to another thread regarding this tour, but I'll ask again: Do you pay a deposit to hold a spot for you and pay the rest when you get there? Do they guarantee they'll get you back to the ship in time for sail-away? We're nervous about booking on our own, but we want a bit more intimacy rather than a 100+ passenger tour!

Can anyone help ease our minds?:confused:

Thanks so much!

we're on the serenade christmas cruise. we booked the silvermoon in march. i was convinced by never having heeard a negative thing about it. plus i was nervous because it's christmas and all. we gave a 50% deposit at the time of reservation and we'll pay the rest on board. are you on my cruise? what are you doiing at your other ports?

Don't be worried about the Silver Moon. We made our deposit with a credit card and paid with a credit card on the day of our awesome experience on the Silver Moon. As I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread, the trip ends at 4:00 and we were transported back to the terminal by approximately 4:15 at the latest. Depending on what time your cruise ship leaves port, you should have no problems getting back in time. Enjoy!

Mary

we're on the serenade christmas cruise. are you on my cruise? what are you doiing at your other ports?

Hi! We are on the December 10th sailing. I think we'll be booking this tour real soon. Sounds like it's one excursion not to be missed!! By only booking one excursion, this frees us up to do some beach-bumming and serious shopping in the other ports;) However on St. Thomas, since it sounds like shops close early, we just might have to catch a ferry ride over to St. John and hang out there. Cinnamon and Trunk Bay get good nods, too.

Have fun on your Christmas cruise!

Silvermoon II is the best! The boat is immaculate, the food and drinks were plentiful. Ben Terry and Adrien were superb. Oh and the snorkling was great too! Can't wait to go again! I would return to Barbados just for this! (Celebrity Constellation April 9-16)

Archived