Liberty Western Picture Memories

APDMOM

I had to take these pictures of the clocks. I read a couple of reviews that said there were no clocks on the ship. They must have not used the stairs at all ;) There are clocks on each landing halfway up to the next floor...

df6a628d.jpg

88014b2a.jpg

I liked the art on the landings also...

c75ef48c.jpg

Piano Man: We went here one night for the sing-a-long, but we got bored after about 30 minutes. The piano player tried to be entertaining, but he hammered the keys of the piano too loudly. It was not fun for a musician's critical ears, but the other cruisers seemed to enjoy his music.

100c7a36.jpg

bcd29afa.jpg

Silver Olympian Dining Room. We ate here every dinner, and many times at breakfast. We also ate lunch here both sea days. The service was always excellent! I highly recommend eating breakfast here on the last morning (debarkation day). It is very quiet and a great way to end your vacation without fighting the hectic scramble at the Lido buffet.

68bfeebd.jpg

c0c7b7e3.jpg

Golden olympian

40e91c4b.jpg

ef93c5bf.jpg

Promenade

I had imagined Alchemy Bar in the wrong place when I read the reviews... somewhere by the Steakhouse. However, it was right next to Piano Man on the promenade:

44d42d20.jpg

Shops:

7a60d8ce.jpg

02483918.jpg

I really liked the door handle of "Cherry on Top":

51bb7949.jpg

0b7e3319.jpg

acec4f3a.jpg

We're going on the Liberty in December. Can you tell me more about the cooking demonstration? Where was it? Was there a fee? etc. Thanks! :)

Christian shared his outstanding wit during the cooking demonstration, once again! There is never a dull moment when you run into Christian or Karl... Here is the staff of Diamonds Steakhouse:

We're going on the Liberty in December. Can you tell me more about the cooking demonstration? Where was it? Was there a fee? etc. Thanks! :)

We're embarking as you're disembarking :0) You'll have a wonderful time on the Liberty!

OP...what kind of camera did you use?? Those storm pictures are amazing!! I can never seem to time my shots to get the lightening bolts :)

I use a Nikon D40X. I set the ISO at 200 or 400 to slow down the shutter speed & use no flash... that way I have a better chance of catching the lightning. The storm was very active, so it was fairly easy to take the pics. I was mesmerized - watched for more than an hour!

It was in the Steakhouse, deck 10. It was free - which surprised me. Make sure you show up about 20 minutes early to get a good seat. It is worth the wait! They also gave us the recipes of the 4 dishes we got to try.

Enjoy planning :)

I will try to finish up during this session. Here are some more ship pictures.

Lido buffet (Emile's)

58d5faf1.jpg

deed287c.jpg

If you go up the stairs behind this counter, you find Fish & Chips and a lot more seating:

9dc2451b.jpg

Aft pool:

5f0b075d.jpg

3248fe15.jpg

3695df7b.jpg

This ice cream machine by the aft pool had the best frozen yogurt. Maybe because not as many people used it, so the consistency was always perfect!

99603e67.jpg

On a stormy, windy evening they closed the roof over the aft pool:

22a7829c.jpg

93b4d441.jpg

Guy's Burgers seating was always available during early breakfast. It is a nice quiet spot to enjoy your morning coffee and huevos rancheros.

27526b4c.jpg

Blue Iguana... best breakfast on the ship (IMO):

14c2e46e.jpg

7380a79f.jpg

32d6dc95.jpg

55aaf79b.jpg

Red Frog:

609e4199.jpg

Coming to a close... As always, the cruise ended way too soon! We had a great time. We were disappointed that the fun farewell was no longer available. There was an item on the FunTimes named "Nightclub Farewell Party". I was curious whether that was the replacement with free drinks, but it was too late for us, since we had to drive 6 hours the next day. Maybe someone can fill us in...

Here are our final hours on Liberty, entering Port of Miami...

d086e277.jpg

2eb92e6a.jpg

a1cb5bce.jpg

2234fa45.jpg

Carnival Valor was already awaiting our arrival:

8ec2a720.jpg

I forgot to mention one of my favorite things: They have late night snacks on the lido at the aft pool, opposite from the pizza. They had some great snacks, including chicken wing sandwiches.

All in all we had a great time. Legend is still my favorite ship as far as layout and atmosphere. Dream is my favorite as far as amenities. Liberty is my new favorite when it comes to staff attitudes and service! I would also say the food on Liberty was better prepared than on the other two. I especially enjoyed every soup I tried (and I tried most of them!). The best was the roasted sweet potato soup. Yum!

I hope this 'review' is helpful for all.

You may see the glaring absence of port and excursion reviews. We have been to all these ports several times, including twice last year. We therefore took advantage of the quiet ship to enjoy the amenities and our balcony splurge. It was a great experience!

Until next time, the Funship Family has debarked the ship, but is still floating :D

1601276324_LibertyBonVoyage.jpg.c70f85660c4249406f8d1242e81727d6.jpg

Thank you so much for these wonderful pictures!!

I am amazed at quality of the indoor shots... I cannot seem to get my camera to take great shots like these!!

Cannot wait for our vacation on the Liberty in November!

Catrin

Really enjoyed your review and gorgeous pictures. Makes me think that I should try getting up earlier so I can find an empty ship and see a sunrise.

Thank you! It definitely is my favorite time of the day... quiet ship' date=' sunrise and a fresh cup of coffee! :) [/color']