carribean weather

ginnie 66

Hello.we are considering a cruise to the carribean in october and would like to know if anyone has sailed there in this month and can tell me what kind of weather to expect as i have heard there could be hurricanes.

Thanks Ginnie x:rolleyes:

From July to Nov. is hurrican season...that simply means the water is warm enough to fuel a storm, should a low pressure system form. It doesn't mean that the ocean will be rough or it will be bad weather....UNLESS there IS a storm! The ship will NOT go thru a hurricane or tropical storm...no worries.

It will be hot and most likely sunny! If there is a storm predicted for an area where you might be, they will re-route you, so don't be suprised if they skip a port, or substitute a different one, to keep you out of harms way.

Yes, it is hurricane season but ships stay FAR away from them. If a hurricane is coming up the eastern Caribbean the ship will go to the western Carribbean and vise versa they go where the hurricane won't even be felt.

The weather is wonderful, sunny but not too, too hot. If it rains the rain usually only lasts a few minutes then the sun comes back out

All of our cruises have been in Oct & Nov.......still very hot!! Last October in Labadee, it was 94 degrees! Ouch!

We never worry about hurricanes. If we get re-routed, then so be it. If we get stuck at sea an extra day, then so be it too.:D:)

Hello.we are considering a cruise to the carribean in october and would like to know if anyone has sailed there in this month and can tell me what kind of weather to expect as i have heard there could be hurricanes.

Thanks Ginnie x:rolleyes:

The Atlantic Hurricane Season runs from June 1st to November 30th each year. Hurricanes or tropical storms can form anytime as evidenced by the fact we have had two named tropical storms already this year before the official start of the hurricane season. The technical high of the hurricane season is from August thru September, so cruising later in October and November you are less likely to encounter one. The cruiselines will avoid any hurricanes and change the route they take which could change your itinerary. I have cruised in September and October and only had one port call cancelled due to a hurricane. I will be cruising again this year in late September. I am not at all worried about hurricanes. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

hello all. sorry i didnt reply to your info on the caribbean weather sooner but i am new to cruise critic and it has taken me so long to find all your replies lol.Anyway,thanks to all who have replied it's really put my mind at rest as we have now booked the cruise on azura.

thx again, Ginnie x

Enjoy your cruise. We've been to the Caribbean in September and October. Both times it was wonderful. There was a hurricane in the September just before we were due to go, but all that happened was we weren't able to visit Granada as planned. Princess took us to Dominica instead. We were sorry to miss Granada, but Dominica was lovely. We certainly didn't encounter any high winds or rough seas.

Archived