Hotels in vancouver

There are quite a few nice hotels in Vancouver. We've stayed in the Rosedale on Robson a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Also stayed in the Westin Bayshore, an even nicer hotel. If you get a room with a view towards Canada Place, you can see the ships!

I'm sure others will also recommend different hotels as my experience has only been in those two.

Happy cruising.

When we went to Alaska a few years ago we stayed in the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver pre cruise and the Captain Cook in Anchorage both booked through Princess. Both hotels were very good. Both are in good locations.

We usually search for a Holiday Inn or Marriott hotel and use our points. In Vancouver we stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown at 1110 Howes. The hotel was just fine for the one night and they have a restaurant and bar. We would go back there again.

We used The Blue Horizon on Robson last summer. Very nice hotel - large rooms, very clean, 2 blocks from the harbor, surrounded by restaurants, very good service. Check out TripAdvisor dot com for many more excellent suggestions and recent reviews. That's where I found the Blue Horizon.

Vancouver's downtown is quite compact so all of the downtown hotels are pretty much within a mile of Canada Place. However, here is a list of many that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Tower at the Terminal City Club

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place

Sheraton at the Wall Centre

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

When we bid for hotels on Priceline for our Alaska cruise in September 2012, we got the Opus on Davie Street.

It doesn't appear to me that the Opus is discussed very much here on CC by those familiar with Vancouver. Any comments regarding the Opus will be welcome.

When we bid for hotels on Priceline for our Alaska cruise in September 2012, we got the Opus on Davie Street.

It doesn't appear to me that the Opus is discussed very much here on CC by those familiar with Vancouver. Any comments regarding the Opus will be welcome.

Looks like you bid your way into an incredible hotel. The reviews for the Opus are impressive. Hope you enjoy your stay there. Let us know how it was after your cruise.:)

There is no strong reason why it is overlooked. It's a little out of the swim of things in Gastown. It's a bit avant-guarde for some folks. There are better hotels closer to Canada Place that are the same price. But all that aside it is a great hotel. You have also taught me something....I didn't know that they released rooms to Priceline, so thank you.:)

PD - the Opus is in Yaletown not Gastown and is across the street from the Canada Line Station so if the OP is coming from the airport they might want to consider the Canada Line to get to the hotel.

Cheers

Dennis

PD - the Opus is in Yaletown not Gastown and is across the street from the Canada Line Station so if the OP is coming from the airport they might want to consider the Canada Line to get to the hotel.

Cheers

Dennis

Indeed you are correct, I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and rushing off to the golf club when I posted that. I know the group that developed and manage the hotel quite well. :o

thanks for the hotel names... My Travel Agent gave me three yesterday... Courtyard... Crowne Plaza.. Holiday Inn Express - any thoughts???

Marriott is or has just taken over the management of a hotel that maybe a Courtyard...but it is down the street from Ut and maybe he can shed more light on this.

There are no Crowne Plazas in greater Vancouver but there are a number of Holiday Inns and Express around so you would need to be a little more specific as to location.

Can you help me choose between Hotel Le Soleil or Grande Residence at Sutton Place for 1 night pre cruise please! Rates are quite close however Le Soleil includes breakfast for 2 and internet.Thanks in advance!

Can you help me choose between Hotel Le Soleil or Grande Residence at Sutton Place for 1 night pre cruise please! Rates are quite close however Le Soleil includes breakfast for 2 and internet.Thanks in advance!

Wow, a nice decision to have to make. The Grande Residence is a few blocks further from Canada Place but just a more of a sense of openness around it and it is just around the corner from the shops and restaurants of Robson St. Le Soleil is closer to Canada Place but is in a more dense urban location. There is no correct answer here but while I would probably choose the Grande Residence, if the breakfast and the internet are important to you then I am sure that you will be happy with le Soleil. :)

There may be others along....but I tell you a story....on the site of the le Soleil there used to be a four storey office building in which I worked for a number of years. On the ground floor we had the Yukon Government's Tourism Office and we named the building Yukon House.

Anyone know of a hotel with a park and cruise package?

There are now a few offering the package and they include:

Hampton Inn & Suites on Robson St.

Best Western - Downtown on Drake St.

Regent Park Executive Inn on Howe

Georgian Court on Beatty St. (I understand they do but haven't confirmed it personally)

Coast Plaza on Comox & Denman St. in the West End

Accent Inns, suburban motor inns in Burnaby and Richmond.

I'm down to 3 choices for point redemption in Vancouver:

Westin Bayside

Westin Grande

Sheraton Wall Centre

There will be 4 of us. We will be arriving on the evening train from Seattle.

We would like somewhere that has 1. A view 2. Walking distance for dinner 3. Easy to get to from the Via Rail station (either by light rail or by taxi that doesn't cost a fortune).

The next morning we plan to get up and take a taxi to Canada Place, drop off our bags and go exploring. We may explore a little first around our hotel and then go drop off our bags and explore more, whatever works best. We would like to go to Gastown as well.

Recommendations? or are they all basically the same?

Westin Bayside

Westin Grande

Sheraton Wall Centre

We would like somewhere that has 1. A view 2. Walking distance for dinner 3. Easy to get to from the Via Rail station (either by light rail or by taxi that doesn't cost a fortune).

The next morning we plan to get up and take a taxi to Canada Place, drop off our bags and go exploring. We may explore a little first around our hotel and then go drop off our bags and explore more, whatever works best. We would like to go to Gastown as well.

All three are going to fulfil your needs, as they're all in the downtown core, a short distance ($10 taxi) from the VIA/Amtrak station; and easy walking to great restaurants. The Bayshore has the potential for the best views, as it's right on the water, but for all three it would depend on the room and a higher room on the other two would also have a great view.

Westin Bayside

Westin Grande

Sheraton Wall Centre

All are good hotels but obviously Westin is a little more upscale. The Bayshore is very nice but is pretty much as far west as you can be in the city, its advantage is that it is an easy walk into Stanley Park. The Grande is a well situated hotel urban hotel for what you want to do and is the one that I would choose. There is nothing wrong with the Sheraton, but why stay at a Sheraton when you can stay at a Westin property.

Archived