Just off the Maiden voyage of Breeze this morning (6/15)...ask if you have questions

Goodluck adjusting back to US time... And going back to reality... Thanks again!!!

One more question (not sure if this will be my last)...

Q: What are the 'must see' shows on the 12-nt Mediterranean cruise on Carnival Breeze? With a very hectic itinerary, I figured we will not be able to see all the shows. Just making sure we din't miss the really good shows.

Q: What are the 'must see' shows on the 12-nt Mediterranean cruise on Carnival Breeze? With a very hectic itinerary, I figured we will not be able to see all the shows. Just making sure we din't miss the really good shows.

A: We only saw Latin Nights. It was OK.....they do stagger the shows quite a bit and repeat them, so you will have an opportunity to watch them all if you want. As far as 'must see'...that on is simple - the "John Heald Bedtime Story" - you will never, EVER forget it......very, very funny.

Q: How many Elegant nights?

A: One...and this was a 12 night cruise

Q: Is there any other special events nights? i.e. White Night etc

A: THere were many things going on at night...the only one I remember was Mexican Fiesta night....

Q: Which ports had free shuttle service ( I know civitavecchia puts on a free one ) or which ports can you just get off and walk to the port gates?

A: I want to say that just about every one had some sort of shuttle service. What you have to remember though is that just about every port we docked at was an industrial port. It is not like the Caribbean where you just get off the ship and there is stuff to do. Here, you get off the ship and you basically get a taxi to go somewhere that is a pretty good drive away. Olbia (Sardinia) had a free shuttle that took you into the city, and I believe Livorno had the same. We had Carnival sponsored excursions the whole time so never used the service.

Thanks don't think it's worth hubby & son taking their suits for one night, re shuttle it gets very expensive at $12 x 4 just to get into town....

Here is another thing that was really cool:

The process to get people off to their excursions...

Every morning when the ship would dock, the meeting place was the Ovation Theater. You would have a time printed on your excursion tickets, and you would show up to the theater at that time. They would give you a sticker with a number, and when your number was called, you would go with that group to exit the ship. Made the process very orderly. And they were operating two gangways most of the time. One for those with excursions, and one for those without excursions.

It may have been an orderly process most days but not for Izmir. The line up going into Ovation went through the lobby and wound Right through the sapphire dining room. They were pulling tours out of the line, because they were running late. It was quite crazy that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It may have been an orderly process most days but not for Izmir. The line up going into Ovation went through the lobby and wound Right through the sapphire dining room. They were pulling tours out of the line, because they were running late. It was quite crazy that day.

Yeah, I forgot about that day. We didn't get pulled out of line, but it was a rather LONG line.

Q: I know the order is off, but do these look like the menus you had on your cruise?

A: for the most part on the days we ate in the MDR, I recognized those as well as the other times when we checked the menu and decided to eat on lido instead (although the food is mostly the same in MDR and Lido each night).

We did eat three times in the Steakhouse and did not check the menu's on those days.....for the most part, they look to be correct.

Q: How far ahead of time did you need to arrive at the BCN airport for your flight home, and how was the airport? Thanks for all your responses.

A: I am going to suggest a minimum of two hours prior. We flew Lufthansa and we had one extra bag that we had to pay for. However, we couldn't pay for it at the check in location, we had to go over to the ticket counter to do that. They only had one dud working the ticket counter and he was not in a rush for anything. Security was ok, however as we were heading to security, we noticed how long the check in lines were getting...and they were getting long....so make sure you have plenty of buffer time.

Q: I know the order is off, but do these look like the menus you had on your cruise?

A: for the most part on the days we ate in the MDR, I recognized those as well as the other times when we checked the menu and decided to eat on lido instead (although the food is mostly the same in MDR and Lido each night).

We did eat three times in the Steakhouse and did not check the menu's on those days.....for the most part, they look to be correct.

Thank you.

Hi, I am traveling on the Breeze in Nov. 2013. I am handicapped and need the use of a wheelchair. Can you tell me how "handicapped' friendly the ship is.

you might want to contact Carnival's Special Needs Department. You can find an ADA deck plan for Breeze on this page:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

hi, BassMaster. I think you should change your name to BreezeMaster!!

Thank you sooooo much for your patient, excellent answers to everyone's questions. It will be super helpful to us future Bezze Med cruisers (ours is Oct 1 embarking in beautiful Barcelona). You are very knd and thoughtful to do this.

Did you ever wish you had joined some of the private arranged tours in some of the ports rather than the lines and busses? Though it does sound like Carnival had it pretty organized. We usually join or start some private tours, though it can be a bit of a pain getting it together ahead of time. But they are ALWAYS so well done and you see so much more (with usually about 6-8 people) and they are also always cheaper. Have never missed a sailing by being late, either!!

But wondered if people talked about their private excursions at meals or in conversations and wondered if they were satisfied. Any names of tour operators in the ports that anyone might recommend?

Thanks and I hope your jet lag is brief!

Joytravels

Q: Did you try any of the new dining venues?

A: We ate at the Steakhouse three times, and each time is was absolutely outstanding. Did not have a chance to eat at the Cucina...but I did for lunch when it was the pasta bar, and that was outstanding. Guy's burgers are really good....had two of them. Tried the Blue Iguana burritos.....so so....we have Chipotle in Dallas where I live, and those are much better.

Q: Did you try Bonsai? Thrill theatre? Red Frog Pub?

How was the food overall? Cabin? New shows?

A: Did not try Bonsai.....looked at it, and the sushi is WAY BETTER looking than the free stuff they used to give away. The movie choices on Thrill Theater every time we had the time to go were children's movies, so we did not go....maybe someone else can answer that. We ate in the Dining room several times, and both the food and service was outstanding each time. The decor in the cabins is very nice....no more pink :-) ....We had an aft wrap (9475)...not considered a Vista room, so it is less expansive. It is a smaller room, but the balcony is pretty awesome....it was a bit colder in the Med than I anticipated, so we should not use the balcony as much as I would have liked. The new shows are good...oh, and John did a bedtime story which was absolutely hilarious..

Keep

Q: Did you ever wish you had joined some of the private arranged tours in some of the ports rather than the lines and busses?

A: Didn't wish that I did because like I said in a previous post, our scheduled call into Livorno was cancelled and moved to the next day because the port of Livorno made a mistake and had a ship in our berth on the day we were to arrive. This also caused us to loose the port of Marseilles. What I heard was that many who either had deposits or had paid in full for private tours did not get a refund nor were the tour operators flexible on changing dates. Through Carnival, we received a full refund for Marseilles, and our Livorno date was adjusted. ALso because of this, our stop in Monte Carlo was shortened which also caused us to have to change. Again, no problem through Carnival. We will go to the med again, and will book all excursions through Carnival simply because of our experience with this event.

Most 'reputable' tour companies will refund your $$ should your ship not be able to dock - I always check the 'cancellation policy' beforehand - and would not use anyone who was not that flexible!

Q: What is the procedure of disembarkation? Can you write step by step please?

A: We had a shore excursion so that is what I will be talking to. Check your tickets, and it tells you what time to be at Theater. Cruise director begins calling zones at 5:30am. Zones disembark the ship and go to baggage claim, get their bags, and get on transport to either city or airport. If on a tour, you meet in theater and get a bus number sticker. Wait for them to call you, then you disembark the vessel, get your bags, and go to your bus...it is really simple in Barcelona. No customs or anything like that that I remember.

Archived