Just off the Maiden voyage of Breeze this morning (6/15)...ask if you have questions

Q: You were in cabin 9475. If money were no object, would you spend the extra money for the wrap around 8473 or stick with 9475? Reason please?

A: Great Question. We do have the financial means to book whatever type of cabin we want, but I am always looking for a value, or a good deal. Having the aft wrap was cool, but I personally like being towards the front of the ship on a deck that has the door out to the open decks so that you can move from side to side (especially for Venice sail away since we were on the opposite side of St Mark's Square). Going forward, I am not sure that I would ever get an aft wrap again as we really didn't use it that much. I would love to see the size of the Vista room though as they are bigger than a standard cabin. Hope that helps.

Q: is Jimmy's seaside BBQ venue really only open on sea days? We only have 2 on our 8 day. That would stink. However, I'm certain there are plenty of other fattening options

A: I only saw it open on Sea Days...but then again, we were never on the ship for lunch on port days.

Q: You were in cabin 9475. If money were no object, would you spend the extra money for the wrap around 8473 or stick with 9475? Reason please?

A: Great Question. We do have the financial means to book whatever type of cabin we want, but I am always looking for a value, or a good deal. Having the aft wrap was cool, but I personally like being towards the front of the ship on a deck that has the door out to the open decks so that you can move from side to side (especially for Venice sail away since we were on the opposite side of St Mark's Square). Going forward, I am not sure that I would ever get an aft wrap again as we really didn't use it that much. I would love to see the size of the Vista room though as they are bigger than a standard cabin. Hope that helps.

We have been spoiled by the corner aft balconies on the RCCL Freedom class and Voyager class ships but not only size but view and privacy. Not that we are going to do anything on a balcony we need privacy for but we like our time on the balcony only hearing the wake churning as well as others not looking down on you.

Could the deck(s) above you see onto your balcony and could you see down on the balcony below yours?

Again, thanks in advance.

Tim

Q: Could the deck(s) above you see onto your balcony and could you see down on the balcony below yours?

A: So we could look down...barely...the angle was too shallow for us to see anything more than the railing on the balcony below us. One cool thing about this balcony was that it had a large ledge over it. Nobody could see down into it, and if it were to rain, you would actually be covered from the rain. Now the downside to this was the chair dragging on lido. you could hear it all the time in the room so that is one downside.

one drawback I have found in the waterparks is that they are so high there is lots of wind making it very hard to enjoy for us and the kids...did you notice anything as such?

How many stations for the Wok?

Cheers

Did the Breeze offer any free shuttles in the ports to center city, etc? If so, which ports. Did you take any of the cruise excersions, if so, which ones and were they worthy. Any excersions taken from outside providers and if so, who. Thanks in advance for your response. I am traveling in September with my 83 year old Mom and trying to find things she will be capable of doing.

Q: one drawback I have found in the waterparks is that they are so high there is lots of wind making it very hard to enjoy for us and the kids...did you notice anything as such?

A: Didn't notice...all the kids looked like they were having a blast. We did have high winds on one day (60+ mph), so they had to shut those activities down for a while.

Q: How many stations for the Wok?

A: There were two lines from each direction and they moved fast.

Q: Did the Breeze offer any free shuttles in the ports to center city, etc? If so, which ports.

A: In Olbia, Sardinia they did, and I believe in Livorno they did or it was like a few Euros.

Q: Did you take any of the cruise excersions, if so, which ones and were they worthy.

A: Yes...every excursion we took was Carnival sponsored. We loved them all....but they were all rather intense in that when you arrived back at the ship, you were totally exhausted. I didn't quite care for the Golden Coast tour we took in Olbia. We went by some really cool scenery, but the driver never stopped to let us take photos.

Q: Any excersions taken from outside providers and if so, who. Thanks in advance for your response. I am traveling in September with my 83 year old Mom and trying to find things she will be capable of doing.

A: No excursions from outside providers. Some people learned the hard way about that when we lost Marseilles as a port because we had to move Livorno to another day due to port issues. They lost their deposits / money. All carnival sponsored excursions were changed with no hassles.

Q: I am not a platinum guest so I don't have free laundry. Do they charge a washer/dryer fee if you do it yourself in the laundry room?

A: I believe that the washers took quarters. Hopefully someone else can verify this. We used the free laundry option available to us twice, and it was great.

Q: What were your three favorite and three least favorite things about the Breeze?

A: Good question. I guess I would have to order them this way:

BEST

1. Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse - absolutely awesome. We ate there three times. Best $35 you will ever spend.

2. Lido Marketplace - Totally different from any Lido deck on other Carnival ships - very open...almost feels like home

3. Layout of the ship - Very easy to get anywhere on the ship quickly. Even though there were 4002 guests on board, it never ever felt crowded.

WORST

1. Our cabin was aft below Lido Deck. We could hear chairs dragging around quite a bit.

2. Can't really think of anything else. We had a great time.

I have a question and was there scheduled time for the evening shows in the theater or did it vary from night to night? In particular i am curious about the first night aboard because that gives me an idea of what is in store for the total cruise.

That information would give me a better idea of how to plan the first day aboard at least.

Thanks, your comments are very interesting and helpful.

let me know if you have any more questions and I will be glad to answer them.

You are probably going to be very unhappy you made this statement. ;) I'm going to probably wear you out over the next 11 months as we have NEVER been on a Carnival ship, only Royal Caribbean.

Just this morning, with your guidance which I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR, I booked this ship for next May. We are in aft wrap corner 8473. Hopefully the draging of the chairs on the deck above your cabin will not be a problem in ours.

Any suggestions you give a first timer cruising on CCL? One thing I am going to do is, while cruising, pretend it is our first cruise period and not say "Well on RCCL they do this or they do that." I want to keep an open mind.

Thanks again!!! Your help has been greatly appreciated so far.

Tim

Thank you for answering all these questions!!! You really have been very helpful!!!

We are on the Breeze Med in mid-October. We have a ressie at the Hilton and was wondering how did you like the hotel and the area?

Thanks!!!

Q: I am not a platinum guest so I don't have free laundry. Do they charge a washer/dryer fee if you do it yourself in the laundry room?

A: I believe that the washers took quarters. Hopefully someone else can verify this. We used the free laundry option available to us twice, and it was great.

The washers had the slots for quarters, but you could use your sign and sail cards for the machines... $3 for a wash, and $3 for a dry. There was a new machine on the wall and you could just key in which machine to activate.

Hi there HB Cruiser, i am sort in the same boat, having just done Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, but i think we are going to enjoy Carnival just a whole lot. I expect it is going to be more like Royal Caribbean than Celebrity. I really like the thread, learning a lot. Don't need to be platinum if there are some washing machines on board and especially if you can use your card! I have combined too many days of land and sea without being able to wash up a few clothes!!! Looks like a good preview of people that have already been there, rather than a bunch of people that have the same questions and anticipations as yourself.

Ron

Q: I have a question and was there scheduled time for the evening shows in the theater or did it vary from night to night? In particular i am curious about the first night aboard because that gives me an idea of what is in store for the total cruise.

A: Yes, as a matter of fact, there were several shows in rotation and what they did was stagger them on alternating nights so everyone would have the opportunity to catch all of the major shows that were put on before the cruise was over.

Q: Just this morning, with your guidance which I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR, I booked this ship for next May. We are in aft wrap corner 8473. Hopefully the draging of the chairs on the deck above your cabin will not be a problem in ours.

A: It will not as you have deck 9 above you (cabin) and deck 7 below you (cabin), therefore you are insulated from chair dragging noise. Plus the room is way bigger and has more windows.

Q: Any suggestions you give a first timer cruising on CCL? One thing I am going to do is, while cruising, pretend it is our first cruise period and not say "Well on RCCL they do this or they do that." I want to keep an open mind.

A: THe best advice I can give you is to ignore all the negative comments you read on these boards and just go have fun. I cannot tell you how many times I read a review of a particular ship or a "rant" from someone on a ship that we went on a few weeks or months later, to find out that there was no truth at all to the message. A cruise...no matter what line you take...is what you make it out to be. Hope you have fun...we did!!!

Q: We are on the Breeze Med in mid-October. We have a ressie at the Hilton and was wondering how did you like the hotel and the area?

A: So all the Europe cruises I see for the Breeze in October sail out of Barcelona so I assume that is where your reservation is. We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, and it is a very nice hotel. It is right across the street from the beach...a nice one at that....and on the other side it is right across the street from a shopping mall with tons of outdoor restaurants. The area is fairly new, and you will feel safe. It is about a 15 minute walk (per the concierge) to La Rambla although we didn't go because we were too tired when the cruise ended.

Archived