Just off the Maiden voyage of Breeze this morning (6/15)...ask if you have questions

With all respect if you or someone you are traveling with has mobility problems it is not fair to the rest of the group to have to wait for them. Hopefully you have made the rest of the group aware of the issues prior to booking.

Most of the tours in Europe are very active as people want to see a lot in a short time.

This is where the Carnival tours are useful as they do take mobility issues into consideration. Another option would be to travel at your own pace by taking taxis etc.

With all due respect - yes, I am aware of that and yes, the others in the group are aware. And we have picked tours that do allow for plenty of free time. Your concern for our travel arrangements is duly noted.

Q: We will be sailing on July 9th and was hoping you could tell me if any offerings/specials were given for laundry on your cruise. If yes, at what point in the cruise was it offered (early on or later on0?

A: If I remember correctly, there was a laundry special early in the second week of our cruise. We are platinum so we get free laundry, but I remember because we were getting our laundry done the same day we god the advertisement on the laundry special.

Q: Wait, you did a drive past Stomboli? I thought they weren't going to do that anymore

A: Apparently the boat used to sail a lot closer than it does now. I would say we were about three miles off the coast of Stromboli. See below

DSC_0363_1.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

Now, can anyone explain to me exactly why anyone would live on this island since it is a giant volcano? And what do they do? The small white things you see at the bottom of the island are homes.

Thanks for letting me play. My edits are below. I used photoshop for both of these to bring out the detail and used an assortment of actions that I have either purchased or created on my own to get rid of most of the haze, etc. You'll notice some banding in the colors and this has to do with me working off of the low resolution files which I just saved off of here. Hope you like them. :-)

volcano2-edited.jpg

Volcanoedit.jpg

Thanks for letting me play. My edits are below. I used photoshop for both of these to bring out the detail and used an assortment of actions that I have either purchased or created on my own to get rid of most of the haze, etc. You'll notice some banding in the colors and this has to do with me working off of the low resolution files which I just saved off of here. Hope you like them. :-)

volcano2-edited.jpg

Volcanoedit.jpg

Hope bassmaster like them, I DO!!!

Tim

great job. I have the RAW files as well as photoshop CS5. Which tools did you use to enhance them and especially remove the haze?

Well if you shot these in RAW and you have CS5, then it makes all the difference. If I had the RAW files, these would look even more incredible. Like I said, I used some actions that I have purchased from other photographers so I can't explain that part. Using the compressed low rez JPG file limited me (I would have used ACR - Adobe Camera RAW) to do 90% of this if I was working on the RAW file.) Since I didn't have it, I resorted to using actions. I also used Levels in Photoshop and slid the black slider and gray slider very far to the right and the white slider about midway back to the left. Of course that only did part of what needed to be done.

Using ACR (and again, I don't have the RAW file) but I would assume that you should do something similar to the following...

Go about +1.5 on the exposure

Boost your blacks to about 30 (more or less depending on what you see)

Boost your saturation to about +10

Boost your clarity to about +20

If you want to email me the RAW files, my email is Pure Emotions Photography at gmail dot com (No spaces and obviously at is @ and dot is . :-)

I use ACR, so that is cool. Will give it a shot before I email as these are LARGE files.

Good luck with it. :-) You don't have to send them to me, was just offering so I could give you realistic numbers of where your sliders should be to pull the detail out of the shot. I can only assume since I don't have the ability to open the JPG in ACR. All of my files are large format RAW files... I can normally do 2 of them in an email. I shoot with the 1D MK IV and the 5D MK II on Large RAW. I sometimes have to email a couple to myself so I can work them on another computer. :-)

Anyway, great captures.. hope you can bring the detail out.

I know the order is off, but do these look like the menus you had on your cruise?

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/breeze12/index.htm

Thank you for amazing photos. Sign me up - Hadn't even considered

Carnival previously - unfortunately due to a reputation of rowdy cruise esperience,

............ Can't be as bad as it's reputation with food service

as this !

Hadn't even considered Carnival previously - unfortunately due to a reputation of rowdy cruise esperience,

as this !

I agree you should give it try. The cruise is what you make of it.:)

Thank you for amazing photos. Sign me up - Hadn't even considered

Carnival previously - unfortunately due to a reputation of rowdy cruise esperience,

as this !

The shorter cruises during spring break can live up to their reputation. The week long cruises are very family oriented with most passengers behaving themselves. Try it, you'll like it :D

I asked John Heald on his FB page about elegant nights, we wondered how many there was as I read somewhere it was only 1 & TBH its just not worth the boys bringing suits/shoes etc for 1 night, Johns answer was

'there will be 2 nights but just one main one'

Any idea what that means??

I asked John Heald on his FB page about elegant nights, we wondered how many there was as I read somewhere it was only 1 & TBH its just not worth the boys bringing suits/shoes etc for 1 night, Johns answer was

'there will be 2 nights but just one main one'

Any idea what that means??

Yes, its not worth to bring all the elegant stuff :)

Any more questions about the Breeze?

Just wondering about the ability to see onto the deck 12 balconies from the serenity deck? I am booked into room 12002 on the October 1st cruise. Not that it really bothers me, but I was wondering how much people can see from above? Thanks

Q: I asked John Heald on his FB page about elegant nights, we wondered how many there was as I read somewhere it was only 1 & TBH its just not worth the boys bringing suits/shoes etc for 1 night, Johns answer was 'there will be 2 nights but just one main one' Any idea what that means??

A: We only had one night. It was a 12 night cruise

Q: Just wondering about the ability to see onto the deck 12 balconies from the serenity deck? I am booked into room 12002 on the October 1st cruise. Not that it really bothers me, but I was wondering how much people can see from above? Thanks

A: Nothing. The deck extends over the balconies, so there is absolutely no way to see down from this deck.

Q: Just wondering about the ability to see onto the deck 12 balconies from the serenity deck? I am booked into room 12002 on the October 1st cruise. Not that it really bothers me, but I was wondering how much people can see from above? Thanks

A: Nothing. The deck extends over the balconies, so there is absolutely no way to see down from this deck.

Great :-) thanks

Sharon...in regards to getting around. When I toured Italy, indeed you are walking a lot and in Venice it is simply one bridge after another. One thing you might consider is walking shoes with a steel shank. The cobblestones are hard on your arches and your knees but with the steel your foot can't droop over the coblestones you stay very firm and upright. I found a pair in brown leather (you will also see that Europeans don't wear tennis/sports shoes nearly as much as we do) ones locally and then ordered them online for a much cheaper price.

Also for folks considering doing the Vatican, a must see! Also check online for the Scavi Tour, you actually get to go underground and see a small ancient city, including viewing the remains of St. Peters. I just remember this tour being the highlight of the entire week You can only book via the Vatican online. Lydia of Ohio

volcano2-edited.jpg

Volcanoedit.jpg

Perhaps it's just me, but the colors seem a little off. (too dark?) Here's my attempt:

357ixcn.jpg

b8k7b5.jpg

Awesome pics BTW. :)

Archived