Premium Vista (Aft-wrap) on Magic

scotlady

Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference in the cabin size, or any other differences between the aft-wraps on empress deck vs. upper deck?

The cabins are a different shape - don't know if anyone here has been in both, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask :o

Check with your PVP or TA as applicable. They should have a listing of the square footage, layout and applicable ammenities for these staterooms. Some decks are laid out differently (for the aft wraps).

As an example, the overall square footage of an aft wrap on a Spirit Class ship is LARGER than the overall square footage of a penthouse suite, because of the wrap around balcony. Please note, an aft wrap on the Spirit Class is considered a Vista Suite. The aft wrap on the Magic is a premium vista stateroom...The only radical difference is that yours is not a suite (so you should save money). Also, premium vista does not give you priority embarkation/debarkation, like a suite does...but that may not matter if you already have this perk (platinum/diamond).

Also, some aft wrap staterooms may have dividing walls, which separate the individual area of your stateroom, like on the Spirit Class...The Magic may be set up differently.

According to the website, they are the same size.

Ocean View with Premium Vista Wrap-Around Balcony

Category: 9C

260 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Balcony

75 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Maybe they are just configured differently...If you give me the cabin numbers, I can look it up.

Susie,

I do believe Spirit Class aft wraps and Magic are configured differently...It seems your square footage for the Magic 9C is a lot smaller for the Magic, then for the Spirit Vista Suite (VS). That is why we jumped for the aft wraps on the Spirit Class...More square footage overall with the wrap around balcony.

Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference in the cabin size, or any other differences between the aft-wraps on empress deck vs. upper deck?

The cabins are a different shape - don't know if anyone here has been in both, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask :o

We have stayed in the aft wraps on both the Magic and the Dream. The 6th floor's are a little larger and the only ones with a couch (slope of the ship). I have been in the aft wraps on all floors of the Dream (long story) when she was ofirst over in New York for the naming ceremony. A little different layoput on each floor due to the stairwells. Great room and balcony btw

Susie,

I do believe Spirit Class aft wraps and Magic are configured differently...It seems your square footage for the Magic 9C is a lot smaller for the Magic, then for the Spirit Vista Suite (VS). That is why we jumped for the aft wraps on the Spirit Class...More square footage overall with the wrap around balcony.

VERY different - completely different class of ship!! Spirit class aft wraps are suites (usually multi room) and the Magic are one big room. Often with an unusual shape - compared to other balcony cabins - because of the aft corner.

OP - there is a great website that may have photos. Try cruise line rooms dot com choose you ship and cabin. *fingers crossed* that another cruiser has posted the pictures that will help you decide! ;)

VERY different - completely different class of ship!! Spirit class aft wraps are suites (usually multi room) and the Magic are one big room. Often with an unusual shape - compared to other balcony cabins - because of the aft corner.

OP - there is a great website that may have photos. Try cruise line rooms dot com choose you ship and cabin. *fingers crossed* that another cruiser has posted the pictures that will help you decide! ;)

Good point. I actually posted one of the Dream there 6498 I think which was a 6th floor aft wrap

Good point. I actually posted one of the Dream there 6498 I think which was a 6th floor aft wrap

I have posted all the cabin photos we have there. ;) LOVE that site when trying to decide one category over another. Even if they don't have "your " cabin - its likely to have one from the category.

But...for whatever reason - I did not take any photos of our cabin on the Magic. Probably because it was "just like" the one from the Dream :o.

But that's NO HELP to the OP - now is it??!?!?! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked in the aft wrap floor 8 (8466) on the Carnival Magic. Do you know if the balcony can open to the adjoining aft balcony? Our friends have that room and we were hoping we could open a door in between balconies. None of the pics we have seen really show that area of the balcony.

Archived