Carnival Splendor Aft Stairs - Crew Only?

twindaddy

Hi y'all,

So I grabbed one of the aft view balconies on deck 6, and my relatives who are sailing with two, are in a room right above us on deck 7.

So there is a staircase listed that pretty much links the two cabins, but I have read somewhere they are crew only. I find it odd Carnival would have crew only stairs listed on the public deck plan. Other places said the sign says crew only but the doors stay open and people have used them. I dont want to invade a crew area, they deserve their time and work space away from us crazy guests.

Anyone been aft on the Splendor, what is the deal with those stairs? Thanks!

Hi y'all,

So I grabbed one of the aft view balconies on deck 6, and my relatives who are sailing with two, are in a room right above us on deck 7.

So there is a staircase listed that pretty much links the two cabins, but I have read somewhere they are crew only. I find it odd Carnival would have crew only stairs listed on the public deck plan. Other places said the sign says crew only but the doors stay open and people have used them. I dont want to invade a crew area, they deserve their time and work space away from us crazy guests.

Anyone been aft on the Splendor, what is the deal with those stairs? Thanks!

Never tried those stairs, but may have to try on my Splendor cruise from NYC in 2014

FYI, The aft balconies on deck 6 are directly above the El Morrocco lounge. The stage is right underneath you. I was in 6456 and vowed I would never make that mistake again.

Never tried those stairs, but may have to try on my Splendor cruise from NYC in 2014

FYI, The aft balconies on deck 6 are directly above the El Morrocco lounge. The stage is right underneath you. I was in 6456 and vowed I would never make that mistake again.

Yikes! We are pretty heavy sleepers, and usually prop the balcony door open for some "white noise", how bad is the stage noise? We are in 6487, which is at the other end as 6486, I will keep my fingers crossed!

Yikes! We are pretty heavy sleepers, and usually prop the balcony door open for some "white noise", how bad is the stage noise? We are in 6487, which is at the other end as 6486, I will keep my fingers crossed!

It's been three years, but it stays with me:eek:. I could hear the bass drum anytime I was in the room as there was practice as well as the music when the band was playing.

Not sure if there is even a band anymore:(

Enjoy your cruise!:) Splendor is a beautiful ship.

Archived