Venice port to airport 11:30 flight?

Stevie44875

So i know it will take time to walk to the Piazzale Roma and get to the airport from there. I heard the Marco Polo airport is a zoo so i would like to find another option to get to the airport. Any ideas? Royal Caribbean has transfers for $34pp and wonder if thats the easiest and safety to make sure i get to the airport. i have never done the transfer before and always do self disembarkation. Thanks!

I would take their transfers. It is confusing just to get from the ship to the Piazzale Roma, and then you have to find the bus to the airport..if you took the people mover in it is all the way on the other side..with your luggage, and then the bus can be quite crowded. (You do NOT want to walk all the way from the ship to the Piazzale Roma with luggage!) So much easier to get off the ship, on the bus and then off at the airport. 34 is not a bad price there.

Sherry

Take the transfers. I haven't used the people mover yet but lugging bags thru Venice is a pain and the bus that goes to the airport could possibly be full at 9AM when you would need to set off for an 11:30 flight. The bus (5 Euros per peson) or taxi would take about 30 minutes. A taxi will be about 45 Euros plus 1 Euro for every suitcase and will be an unpleasant experience.

For ease of mind- I'd spring for the bus transfer and not worry about the what if's and where fore's.

Join your roll call and share a taxi with someone. That way you'll get there first, and the ship's buses often wait till they're completely full before moving an inch. If not, just take a taxi yourself--you will be glad you did! After all, think of how much you have spent on the vacation--a few extra euros to make the end of it as pleasant as possible is a good investment!

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone taken a taxi before? I know here in the states they are always waiting when the cruise ships come in but i'm not sure if there will be any available in Venice. Also know the cost for one? Thanks!

There are always taxis at Piazzale Roma. I wouldn't be surprised if there are also taxis outside the cruise terminal. to be safe you can set up a transfer with

Click Airport Shuttles and your taxi will be waiting for you outside the cruise terminal. For 2 people with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-on bags it is 39 EURO.

check with the cruise line to see if they will give you transfers for that early of a flight. We are on the Divina and they told me not to book a flight prior to 1:30pm to use their transfers. Our flight got pushed back to 3:00 now to get to Rome so I guess I will be sitting in the airport for some time but better than worrying about getting there on time. Depending on the size of your ship there are going to be 4000+ other people looking for a cab. Too much stress for me

There are always taxis at Piazzale Roma. I wouldn't be surprised if there are also taxis outside the cruise terminal. to be safe you can set up a transfer with

Click Airport Shuttles and your taxi will be waiting for you outside the cruise terminal. For 2 people with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-on bags it is 39 EURO.

Where can I find airport shuttle option as I am interested in this as well.

Just got back. I would pay for the transfer. The ship's newsletter said that the bridge road construction meant a possible denial of taxis entering the port terminal. I only saw a few at the port, but I wasn't looking for them. Also, we stayed in Maestre for a day before leaving, and a cab ride (metered) from that side hotel to the airport was 21E, so from the port to the airport over the bridge will be easily 2.5 times, given the distance. Even if the cabs are allowed, the construction was very heavy and we had traffic delays. If you have heavy traffic, you may end up paying more for the cab then a transfer.

We also rode the buses from Maestre. People do it with heavy bags, but it was a pain, and very inconvenient for passengers trying to climb over all the luggage to get on the bus. It was crowded, standing room only, not a pleasant way to begin the long trip back home.

Yes, the Venice airport was a zoo. Allow yourself as much time as possible.

Archived